Landing Leg angle on 2015 Cyclone 4200

We have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 with the Level Up hydraulic leveling system.
The left front landing leg is angled out (see pic).
This is condition is certainly more noticeable when fully extended.
There is no obvious frame bending or bracket distortion.
I believe the mounting bracket was welded at this angle.
This seems dangerous to me, if the leg would bend or collapse the unit would be damaged & possibly injure someone.
Since we purchased this unit I have seen other 4200s where the landing legs are completely vertical.
Our dealer could not get a resolution from Lippert and is now waiting for a decision from Heartland.
Has anyone else had an experience with this condition.
Thanks for taking a look at this.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 258

OEFVET

It is definitely not normal. I have seen dozens of 4200 landing angles and none are like yours. I am certain that it was welded at an improper angle. I just came from the National Rally in Goshen. I found out Lippert has techs with "shops on wheels" that travel from dealer to dealer to handle warranty work. My suggestion to you is have your dealer contact lippert and request they send one of these techs to evaluate. They travel with welders and can make all necessary adjustments.

Az_Ernie

Are the landing gear actuator rams the same diameter? The photo I'm looking at, it appears like the ram that is angled is slightly smaller in diameter. Might be just the angle the photo was shot. On our Bighorn, the two front actuator rams are the same diameter and are larger than the other four stabilizer actuators.

Are the landing gear actuator rams the same diameter? The photo I'm looking at, it appears like the ram that is angled is slightly smaller in diameter. Might be just the angle the photo was shot. On our Bighorn, the two front actuator rams are the same diameter and are larger than the other four stabilizer actuators.

I see what you are saying I'm sure that was cause by the shadows in the photo here are individual pics of the landing gear.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm pretty sure they are the same but trailer is still at dealer so I can't check right now.
Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 215

Az_Ernie

I see what you are saying I'm sure that was cause by the shadows in the photo here are individual pics of the landing gear.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm pretty sure they are the same but trailer is still at dealer so I can't check right now.
Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I think you're right, shadow makes it look smaller. One landing gear actuator angled... very strange! Looking forward to seeing how this is resolved. Good luck!

Jim-Lynn

Yeah, I think you're right, shadow makes it look smaller. One landing gear actuator angled... very strange! Looking forward to seeing how this is resolved. Good luck!

This is not correct. My 4200 is on an angle, but no where that much. I extend mine almost 12" in my driveway - I dropped a string from the top of the inside to the bottom of the inside & I was almost 1 1/2". Your 1 leg must be at least 4 in.
I m sure Heartland will look after you.

Jim

Az_Ernie

This is not correct. My 4200 is on an angle, but no where that much. I extend mine almost 12" in my driveway - I dropped a string from the top of the inside to the bottom of the inside & I was almost 1 1/2". Your 1 leg must be at least 4 in.
I m sure Heartland will look after you.

Jim

My comment was in regard to having just ONE landing gear actuator angled. I believe both of our Bighorn's landing gear are slightly angled as well, however I can not check for sure, as it is not stored nearby.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a very slight outward angle on our Landmark. I think this helps with the stability. But none are out as far as yours.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would contact HL and Lippert and send the pix. There is something not right about that angle.

porthole

Retired
The Lippert spec for the jacks is 3-5 degrees, with 5 being ideal. Yours is obviously wrong and Lippert can't use thier typical excuse that they built the frame to Heartland specs.

Thanks for all your comments.
Dealer already sent picks & measurements to Lippert.
The result was no action on Lippert's part
Dealer is now "working" with Heartland, no decision as of yet.
Trailer is still at dealers.
I will see if I can get to it & determine if the angle is greater than 5 degrees.
Thanks again for all your input.
I will post Heartland's response.

avvidclif

Methinks the problem may be the middleman, IE: the dealer. Contact Heartland direct and see if they have even been contacted.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Clif said. Forget your dealer, call HL and Lippert yourself. Have the pix ready to email and your VIN# handy.

I went to the dealer today as I needed to get some things out of our trailer for a trip next week, they were closed but I was able to get to the trailer anyway.
I measured the angle of the landing legs and bracket using "lemondo bubble level" app on my phone. To my surprise both legs measured 3 degrees! BUT WAIT!
I opened the LP tank access door and I see shims between the bracket and leg assembly (see pic), pic without shims is the right side for comparison.
I measured the angle of the left side bracket surface and it was over 9 degrees.Dealer had not contacted me yet, guessing they are evaluating this fix & maybe have to re torque the bolts.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Will post when I get an explanation.

Attachments

• 2015Cyclone-fix 009.jpg
    2015Cyclone-fix 009.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 2015Cyclone-fix 007.jpg
    2015Cyclone-fix 007.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 119