Last trip of 2013

sjs731

We just spent the last trip of 2013 at Bayshore County park, north of Green Bay in the peninsula. Very nice park with blacktop pads. Turned out to be a great weekend. Thankfully the forecast was wrong as usual and we only had rain Friday night and when we got home today. Otherwise sunny and 50. Perfect fall camping.
y4ytudap.jpg

And our stop at Cabela's in Green Bay on the trip home. Had to fight a little game day traffic.
8u5uge3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Very nice. The forecast looks good for this coming weekend so we plan on having our last trip of the season at the Billings, MT KOA.

sjs731

And to top it off we got home and emptied the rig, cleaned the inside and when I went to put the 1st gallon of antifreeze in the pump crapped out after 1/4 of a gallon. Immediately ordered a new Flo Jet should be here Thursday. I'll do a warranty claim on the Shurflo over the off season and eBay it and recoup some money. Overall it was a great season. Have fun at the pool Ray.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

sjs731

Very nice. The forecast looks good for this coming weekend so we plan on having our last trip of the season at the Billings, MT KOA.

It snowed here for about a minute or so while I was getting the rig closed up yesterday. Haven't been to MT yet but it is someplace I want to visit.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Ray and Tony are a couple of trouble makers. :cool:
38° rainy/snowy here.
Not quite beach or pool weather.
Ahh, if only it would get to 40°.

Peace
Dave

JeremyN

SJS

If you don't mind me asking, what site were you guys in at BayShore Park Campground? I have looked at that campground many times, but wanted to hear from someone first about how it was.

Thanks.

HornedToad

The 100 plus degree days of summer is the price we pay in Texas for our mild winters.
A road trip through the hill country between Christmas and New Years was my last trip of 2012.
If the Red Raiders make a Texas Bowl game my last trip of 2013 will also be my first trip of 2014.

sjs731

SJS

If you don't mind me asking, what site were you guys in at BayShore Park Campground? I have looked at that campground many times, but wanted to hear from someone first about how it was.

Thanks.

Site 49. I have never been there to camp before. I have driven through it. Not sure what a person does when it's busy in summer. No reservations there. It's a 100 mile drive and not a lot of nearby options if it's full where you can just drop in and get a site.

Steve and Carrie
HOC#2252
Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

ILH

Looks like Ray and Tony are a couple of trouble makers. :cool:
38° rainy/snowy here.
Not quite beach or pool weather.
Ahh, if only it would get to 40°.

Peace
Dave

I was hoping for one more trip... But I think winter has reared it's ugly head. I guess I'll be winterizing the rig this weekend.

Dave49

Yea I winterized mine last week. Got down here to Gulf Shores AL and weather did the job for me. Now we sit till April, ahhhhhhhh such is life of the retired ones :)

kowAlski631

Yea I winterized mine last week. Got down here to Gulf Shores AL and weather did the job for me. Now we sit till April, ahhhhhhhh such is life of the retired ones :)

It's a rough job, but someone's gotta do it, right? The sacrifices we retired ones make.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Took our last trip this past weekend. The weather was great, sunny and in the upper 60's.
billings2.jpg
Even had a Road Warrior and a Cyclone next to us.billings 4.jpg
We winterized when we got home and put her away just in time.
storage.jpg

sjs731

Nice pics Cody. I put our rig in storage this past weekend also. Had some flurries here in WI too. Now to wait 6 months to get it back out.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

ILH

I'm glad I winterized the rig on the weekend - we've had several below-freezing nights this week.

scottyb

Thanksgiving is my last planned trip this year. Although we may do a couple weekends early next year.

Theresau

It's getting pretty cold here - really noticing it today. No sun. Can't wait to go to FL in 3.5 weeks. The BC is calling us in the driveway. We didn't go up north for the fall colors this year since we're heading to FL so much earlier. Going to do a special Thanksgiving this year with our son and family at Frankenmuth the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then we're heading to FL the next day weather permitting. We'll set up the RV and enjoy until mid-Dec and then drive back with just the truck for Christmas and then head back to FL end of Dec again weather permitting. Will be an interesting December...

HornedToad

The 100 plus degree days of summer is the price we pay in Texas for our mild winters.
A road trip through the hill country between Christmas and New Years was my last trip of 2012.
If the Red Raiders make a Texas Bowl game my last trip of 2013 will also be my first trip of 2014.

Looks like the last/first trip this/next year will be the Texas Bowl on 12/27 in Houston...
shouldn't have to worry about the weather on the coast, but you never know???
Will have only winterized three times this season.

HornedToad

Looks like the last/first trip this/next year will be the Texas Bowl on 12/27 in Houston...
shouldn't have to worry about the weather on the coast, but you never know???
Will have only winterized three times this season.

I'm glad Baylor made a BCS Bowl, and that it bumped Tech up to the the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.
I consider myself to be a big Red Raider fan, but not 2,000 miles round trip big.
I guess I'll take the trailer out of storage and watch the game on TV in the drive way and call it my last trip of the year!!!