Leaky City Water Connection

Just completed first trip of the season, when I disconnected the fresh water supply from the "city water connection" I get a small stream of water coming out of the inlet. Is there a check vave somewhere that might be faulty? What is supposed to keep water from running out of that port?

jimtoo

HI dustin-newton,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the check is in the pump, so you might get a little water, not a pint or anything like that, but a little dribble. But maybe someone else has a different idea.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There should be a check valve in the city water connection. It may be obscured by a filter screen, which you can pop out. Then you should see a small spring loaded "button" in the center of the inlet. Press it and see if it snaps back out. If not, the spring may have given up the ghost and you'll need to replace the inlet. Cost's about $25 or so for a new one.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on how much water comes out and for how long.
There is residual pressure and water in the water line.
Whatever water is in there up to the check valve will run out.

Peace
Dave

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
There is a Check Valve - and it will be somewhere between the City connection and where the Water pump connects. If you run the Water pump and water comes out the City fill then your Check valve is bad.

Kevin

merlinb

Retired
JohnDar has it right. There is a check valve in that fitting. The first time I winterized my trailer, several years ago, I followed the instruction that said to press that little button while the water pump was pumping the pink stuff through the system. So, I pressed it until some pink stuff came out and I released it. The pink stuff kept on coming out until I turned the pump off. That so-called check valve has continued to leak ever since then. I got a plug that screws into that fitting to seal it whenever I don't have a hose connected. A simple solution that works for me. :)