Led lights

Snow

Just got done installing a 16 ' strip of LEDs under my awning I spliced the wires at the top of the front awning brace and run the wire down behind the plastic cover and now I'm at a stand still it started raining anyway but I was just wondering how is the best way to go from the bottom of that bracket ? Does anyone know where the black wire for the awning motor goes ? It would be great to use the same hole and it would be behind that plastic strip out of sight . If I don't use that which way would be the best ? I'm not sure if I want to be drilling any holes on the outside . I checked out the forums about this and got some ideas but didn't see any pics of how anyone run their wires any help would be appreciated thanks . ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

VKTalley

Just got done installing a 16 ' strip of LEDs under my awning I spliced the wires at the top of the front awning brace and run the wire down behind the plastic cover and now I'm at a stand still it started raining anyway but I was just wondering how is the best way to go from the bottom of that bracket ? Does anyone know where the black wire for the awning motor goes ? It would be great to use the same hole and it would be behind that plastic strip out of sight . If I don't use that which way would be the best ? I'm not sure if I want to be drilling any holes on the outside . I checked out the forums about this and got some ideas but didn't see any pics of how anyone run their wires any help would be appreciated thanks . ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

HI Snow,
We just installed the LED lights on our BC 3690sl. Check our blog and you can see how Malcolm (MCT) did exactly what you are asking. If you have more questions, either message me or him. Hope this helps.

DougS

Doug S
Snow,
Not sure where the wires on your unit run, but look on the floor at the foot of the bed, our unit has a square box against the wall that runs from the closet to the wardrobe. This box is covered in carpet, and held on with screws hidden in the carpet. If you have this box, the wires to the awning are probably spiced there. I unsliced the wires, pulled them outside, and drilled the hole bigger to fit the additional wires. Then the awning wires and new wires were pushed into the hole.
I ran new wires to my 12 volt circuit box where I had a blank spare fuse. I also hooked up a switch by the entry door to turn the lights on.
The light strip that I bought did not hold well to the clear coat even though it was 3M tape, so I also added extra clear silicone to the top and bottom edges for extra security.
Hope some of this helps.

Snow

Thanks VKTally & DougS I have the same chase box in the bedroom under the window so that's what I'll look for this morning but I think I would rather go into the basement so ill can hook up to 110 v and ill have my sensor for the remote there also , where did you guys mount the sensor for the remote ? I can go to the basement from the chase box ? Thanks guys ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

DougS

Doug S
Snow,
I siliconed the remote box at the beginning of the light strip next to the awning upright on the outside of the RV, it blends in. I think if you take the drawers out of the wardrobe, which I think you have, probably all wires from the chase go down through the floor there. That is how I got the wires to the basement, and the hole was big enough to run additional wires.

fast900

Has any one tried to run the led lights off of the existing light outside by the door? I have a friend that does custom leds in homes and cars and this is where we were thinking of tying in. Should be 12 volt and already on a switch. If I go in from the bottom of the light it should eliminate the possibility of leaks. Any thoughts?

Snow

Update!! the LEDs are installed thanks Dougs I ran to the basement & and put everything behind the wall on the left side , the only thing is about 2" of the sensor wire hanging down from the top ,worked out great, also did the timk mod on my AC and like they said i blowed out styrofoam that was left in the ceiling ,a lot more air in the bedroom , this forum in the BEST I was on another forum when I had SOB and I thought that was good but this is alot better more people more ideas just seems like one big happy heartland family thanks again ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

jbeletti

...this forum in the BEST I was on another forum when I had SOB and I thought that was good but this is alot better more people more ideas just seems like one big happy heartland family thanks again ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Happy to hear you are getting a lot out of this forum. If you or anyone has thoughts/ideas on how to make it even better for product owners and prospective owners, please let myself or a moderator know via Email or PM.

Happy camping!