LED's and Migraines

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The wife's friend is visiting with us at the campground this week (renting a trailer from the CG). We were sitting around our rig last night and got into the subject of lighting. I mentioned that I'd changed all of our can lights at home to LED's, as well as some of the table lamps. She pipes up that her "expert" electrician told her that LED's are no good because they oscillate at a frequency that will set off migraines (which she has). Adamant she was against LED's. So I asked her if she was having a migraine right then. No, she feels fine. Then I tell her that every light you see on in this trailer is an LED!

She's the wife's friend. To me she's a flippin' know-it-all that I have to tolerate. Need to make a booze run to last out the week.

jimtoo

You mean there is more than one of that type person around??? We have one that lives near us..saying no more. :)

jnbhobe

I'm the lucky one !! I know a lot more than one of them. I got zippers going both ways in case I forget.

jimtoo

This same lady says WiFi will not work in a house with a tin (metal) roof.. but she can use wireless from PC to printer and has a router for laptop, and has to have cable TV cause the metal roof absorbs all the signal. She has never married and never had kids... thankyou God!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes I get migraines reading the forum.
Who knew it was the lights????

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I'm sitting in the truck, in the rain, in a Walmart parking lot in Augusta, Maine, waiting for Nancy to finish shopping - and you guys have me smiling :)

No migraines here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tundra2084

Sitting here in a Campground in Twin Mountains New Hampshire and hoping the rain will stop or we will be needing an ark soon. Have limited wifi but when I does connect just have to check the forum and saw this thread...boy do we feel your pain and I think everyone has a know it all in the family ...just ask them lol

Bohemian

1) Light can trigger or make worse migraine headache. Any source of light. The brighter the greater the effect. Even in blind people.
2) Some CFL's have been implicated in triggering migraine. CFL's put out more UV. LEDs, not so much, but that never stops confusion, either intentional or accidental.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I suffer from Migraines and can honestly say I have never had one in our trailer which is all LED lighting.