Left turn signal; Monitor panel lights

Checking my Elkridge 34QSRL 5er before I left the storage lot to bring her home for de-winterization, noticed no left turn signal/brake light but in headlamps mode the bulb light did work. Replaced the bulb with new - didn't correct issue. Checked the 7 pin for good connection. Battery charged. Other inside lights work. After got her home, noticed that the monitor panel ( battery, holding tanks,etc) lights did not light up either. The water pump switch did turn on the pump. Does anyone have ideas on the tail light and monitor panel? Thanks.

jnbhobe

Lots of things to look for with this problem 12V ground is one place with turn signal and monitor panel. But you may have two seperate things wrong. You can jump out the 7 wire plug to be sure thats where the problem is with the lights. also check the truck fuses you have seperate fuses for left TRAILER turn signal line.

Now discovered that the slideout, landing gear, and awning switches are "reversed" - 'retract' extends, and 'extend' retracts. I had winterization work done at the dealer last fall, brought her home to storage at that time and it has been sitting four months. This has made my decision to take it back to the dealer while still under warranty!

jnbhobe

I'm not sure if this can happen, but is the battery hooked up right ?? Only reason is the DC motors changing directions. Far feched but I would look

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Jon....how can the stuff just start running in reverse. Check the polarity of the battery cables. If you do have them reversed, then you blew the fuses in your converter. I think there are three on there that all need to be changed.

Peace
Dave

Dave - the cables on the battery were reversed....the landing gear, slideouts, and the monitor lights now work ok. Left blinker/brake light still not working. I have 7 15amp fuses in the converter that look ok - is that the ones you mean? A red light came on in the panel slot when I pulled out one the 15amp fuses - it was indicated as the 'frig'. Does this tell us anything? Sorry for my non-intelligence. Thx for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Roger, there are three 30 amp fuses on the converter itself. Well there are on mine and there is a chance yours is different, but I doubt it. You have to access the converter and check it out. It will not charge your battery if the fuses are out. The fuses will blow when hooked up backward at the battery.
If there are no red lights on your fuse panel when all the fuses are in then there should be no outage on your 12 volt system.
Check the fuses in your truck for a blown fuse for the turn signal. Also take a meter at the plug on the truck and check if you get voltage when the signal is on. The plug cover is marked to tell you which terminal controls the left signal.
We're getting closer.
On edit, the converter is located behind the basement bulkhead. Depending on where it is located you may be able to access it behind the 120 volt breaker panel. Be certain to unplug from shore power before removing that.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Roger, If your Ford is the same as a GM truck. Your trailer lites have seperate fuses from the lites on the truck. If you have a underhood fuse/relay center check there 1st. Use a 12V test lite with your lite switch on, key on and the left T/S lever on to check the fuses. IF the fuse lites the test lite on BOTH sides of the fuse...then you a problem down stream from there. They should be marked... RT turn/stop...LT turn/Stop....tail/markers....something like that.

TedS

rainbowillie, the red lights in the fuse panel light up when the related fuse is blown, or in your case when removed. The lights indicate which fuse is blown.
As for the left blinker/brake light, check for voltage for that pin in the 7-pin socket. The wire may have disconnected.

I pick up the 5er tomorrow at the dealer - had some other warranty work done also. Dealer found blown fuses in the converter and replaced them due to the reversing of the battery cables (thanks for the direction on that one Dave). They also said that the left turn/brake light is working....must have been a loose connection. Thanks for everyone's input.