legend tv

Gsxr130

Today out for the first time this year the main TV in our 2014 Gateway 3650bh was on and I walked out of the room, when i came back the screen was blank but I could hear the sound.

Anyone have this happen? I did a quick Google search and it seems to happen alot.

DocFather

I am assuming you tried all the basic fixes... tight connections, unplug for 1 minute and repower. Change input and see if DVD player has a picture. Have you tried those?

Gsxr130

I turned it on and off a few times, I can change channels and hear the sound from the shows but screen is blank. you can't change the input because screen is blank, menu button same thing.

DocFather

OK - it is most likely out of warranty. It could be the inverter board that runs the back-lite. There is a master and a slave. One one of those boards, usually they are on the right and left sides if you take the back cover off (unplug electric cord first) will have a chip in the middle that will have silver prongs except for a black one that means it is burnt out. The replacement board is about $50-60 compared to a new TV. It is a simple replacement if you are comfortable doing things like that. I can send you a link to a video that explains the fix, if you wish.

Gsxr130

Sure thanks.
It's sad that we have only had about 20 nights spent in this trailer and it's already dead.

DocFather

OK - it is most likely out of warranty. It could be the inverter board that runs the back-lite. There is a master and a slave. One one of those boards, usually they are on the right and left sides if you take the back cover off (unplug electric cord first) will have a chip in the middle that will have silver prongs except for a black one that means it is burnt out. The replacement board is about $50-60 compared to a new TV. It is a simple replacement if you are comfortable doing things like that. I can send you a link to a video that explains the fix, if you wish.

I just saw the inverter board on eBay for $25. But if it is a 32" Legend, a new one is probably $300 or less. Personally, I would fix it once, then go for a new one if it happened again. My rig came with 2 32" Legends and a 55" other brand (can;t remember" - my bedroom 32" was replaced after the first week for a different reason.

Hippy

Just happen to our tv in the bedroom. Played with it and it was the Hdmi 1 that was out. Switched to Hdmi 2 connection port. That's only if you have it connected with Hdmi cable