Leveling system question

wolfrat1

Good afternoon. I just had one of those duh moments. I had to laugh at myself for just now asking. When auto leveling the trailer, is it better to leave the slides in? I always do but for some reason the question came up in my head. Also is it necessary to use a tongue stabilizer once the auto level is complete? I don't mind the laughter because laughed at myself. Thanks for the help...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I auto level the RV before putting the slides out. I think it's better for all of the components. Slides seals, rollers, and the pump.
Not pushing the slide up hill if you at an angle.

That's my thought

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I also leave the slides in. I do use a tripod but it is for my flag pole holder's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LBR

Level first, then use slide for me.....and here is why...

If our DS is way low, the slide has to push uphill and bangs/snaps/pops like it is skipping teeth in the rack....if coach is level, the slide works great without noise.

I found this out after first 2 times after purchase, I used the Auto level feature.....it is way off until I recalibrate as I have to manually raise the DS 1.2° and the front .6° to actually be level.

Slide is a happy camper when level, not so happy pushing uphill.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In 2010 at the North American Heartland Owners Club Rally held in Nashville the inventor of the Level-Up system gave a demo of the product.
One thing that he did was put his coach in an un-level state to show how much it twisted. With him having the slides out it was amazing how much it did twist and skew the slide openings.
I will always level before running the slides out.

Peace
Dave