Leveling system short - 2015 Cyclone 4200

Whiterice

Issue update from previous thread....Now that I was able to get it in to RV service repair shop the system works if it is not touching the truck?? Went to pick it up, hooked it up stopped working before I left the yard.
Works perfect until you lower it onto the 5th wheel about 2 seconds onto the truck it stops and will not work....take it off the truck, replace the inline fuse and works...repeat...does not work.
Seems like some type of short somewhere...has anyone ever ran across a problem like this? Any advise as the RV shop is scratching his head on what is causing the issue...could Be a million things causing the short.

danemayer

I'm a little confused. Do you have the 6 point auto-leveling system? If so, what inline fuse are you replacing?

danemayer

Yes...it is after the circuit interrupt

Still confused. All the 6 point leveling systems I've seen run power from the battery to the hydraulic pump through a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker. Inline fuses (with metal strips that melt) were used with the electric landing gear. I never heard of an inline fuse with the hydraulics pump.

If your battery voltage is low, or you have certain other conditions, the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker can trip, but should automatically reset in a few seconds.

So I'm wondering what fuse you're replacing.

Whiterice

Still confused. All the 6 point leveling systems I've seen run power from the battery to the hydraulic pump through a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker. Inline fuses (with metal strips that melt) were used with the electric landing gear. I never heard of an inline fuse with the hydraulics pump.

If your battery voltage is low, or you have certain other conditions, the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker can trip, but should automatically reset in a few seconds.

So I'm wondering what fuse you're replacing.
the fuse in the diagram look at L and the red wires...The black square has a 10amp fuse in it that breaks.
image.jpg

danemayer

the fuse in the diagram look at L and the red wires...The black square has a 10amp fuse in it that breaks.
View attachment 47802
Ok, so it's the power path to the controller that has the fuse.

When you let the pinbox down onto the hitch, you're connecting the body of the trailer to the body of the truck. So there apparently is an unwanted electrical interaction.

I'd check to ensure there's no voltage on the hitch or truck frame. Also check the trailer umbilical connector voltages and grounds, and the wiring inside the junction box under the pin.

Also test it with the umbilical cord both connected and disconnected.

And make sure the breakaway cable has not been pulled.