Lifting Fiver off ground Help

MP_CS

I am about to install the axle lift blocks and new wheels/tires on my sundance Xlt fiver. I'm looking for help/advice on the best way to lift this sucker off the ground. I have access to bottle jacks and an almost unlimited supply of heavy oak cribbing. Anyone done anything like this or am i gonna have to do one side at time? Thanks for any help oh and no level up

gasman

Camp Socializer
I would start by hitching it to the truck and remove the keys. Place the jack under the frame rail and raise it high enough to do your work. I would support it with jack stands for safety. If you have enough cribbing and jack stands, you should be able to lift both axles.

Bogie

I have actually done this on my Sundance when I installed equaflex equalizers. As gasman suggested, the 5er remained hitched to the truck. I used a floor jack,jack stands and cribbing and lifted each side little by little so as not to twist the frame. I lifted it just enough so that most of the weight was off the axles but they were not completely off the ground. I then used the floor jack and bottle jack to lift axles just enough to complete the job working on one side at a time to get the job done. While it all worked fine, I have to say I was a bit nervous suspending that much weight that high.

I know you said you don't have level up, but since I did the equaflex installation, i have added Ground Control to my Sundance. It lifts it up quite nicely with no stability concerns.

MP_CS

I am thinking I'll try four bottle jacks and lift slowly until the entire trailer is off the ground enough to do the work while setting up cribbing along the way so if a jack fails it cant slam down to far. I will check/repack bearings at the same time. I'm just nervous about twisting something.

NYSUPstater

When I installed the Equa-Flex, I hooked up to truck, raised front legs off the ground, used a bottle jack to raise 1 side to get tires off the ground, then placed jack stands in front and behind each axle, repeated for other side so all 4 were off the ground. Now when greasing the susp and zerks on ends of the axles, hook up to truck, front legs off the ground, place bottle jack under FRAME in front of front axle, raises up whole side of trailer. Hop on creeper and scoot underneath to grease susp. Come out, then proceed to grease the zerks while spinning the tire. Lower, repeat for other side.

MP_CS

I think thats exactly how I'll do it, i have 4 HD 6ton jack stands and bottle jacks. I wanted to do the equflex equalizer's at the same time but they are shorter than the solid equilizers that came stock. I've looked at all brands of equilizers and none are tall enough.