Limited liability corporation

wdk450

We have had our LLC for 5 yrs no problem, Tow Vehicle and 5th wheel registered in Montana to my Company, LLC and insured as company vehicles, never a problem, when we are home in NY I do keep both in the garage. we are on the road 6 months out of the year, what i find interesting is how do woudl anyone find out it was a LLC vehicle? Perm plates on the 5th wheel. We were pulled over in CA, got a warning for speeding 60 in a 55,,, LOE did not look twice and I had my TX CDL.

I think the worry is overrated conatact, Bennet law in Montana they can go over it with you.

I think you are smart to keep those Montana License plates out of sight in a garage in New York. I have heard here that the CHP keeps an eye out for Montana RV license plates due to the LLC issue. That may have been another reason you were pulled over, but no comment from the officer when he saw you were not a California resident. Did he ask you how long you had been in California? I think it is only 30-60 days here (even visiting) and you are supposed to get Ca. registration.

Probably his biggest motovation for your pullover was your speed - we have freeway signs reminding people the Ca. speed limit for towed vehicles is 55 MPH about every 5 miles along the major highways, it seems.