Lippert Hydrolic Leveling System

dlafko

Ok so we were parking our camper and we struck a cub anddestroyed one of our leveling jacks. I am looking thru all the info the dealergave us and can’t find a manual to tell me for parts. I am hoping it is not a hard fix once I findthe parts. So questions below.

This is a heartland Elkridge 2018

1. Will the other 3 jacks work if this one is broken?Hydraulic lines are still attached and not leaking.
  2. Where do I find parts do any dealers carry them.I leave in PA town called Orwigsburg biggest closest city is Harrisburg
  3. Can I scream at the top of my lungs? Bran new camper. UGG.

danemayer

The Levelup manual including parts listing is here. You should probably call Lippert to confirm the part and get some input on how to obtain the one you need.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I would think the others would work manually. Concern to me would be the damaged one extends but then doesn’t retract. Then you’re looking at another issue
Shaffer’s RV is there on RT 61. Check with them for a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlafko

1. Travelin, Not sure what you mean about extend then retract. I would not think thatone will do anything lol.. I called Shaffers they don’t sell Heartland but heis going to see if he can get the part. First camping trip this weekend go figure. I could always remove it first, I wonder if they sell capsthat you could put on the line
Danemayer, Thanks howdo I know if I have the 8k back jacks or the 14 k. My camper is rated for 15k fully loaded.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
  1. Travelin, Not sure what you mean about extend then retract. I would not think thatone will do anything lol.. I called Shaffers they don’t sell Heartland but heis going to see if he can get the part. First camping trip this weekend go figure. I could always remove it first, I wonder if they sell capsthat you could put on the line
Danemayer, Thanks howdo I know if I have the 8k back jacks or the 14 k. My camper is rated for 15k fully loaded.

My comment is conjecture in that I have no idea how badly you hit the curb and extent of damage
I suggested Shaffer’s because Lippert is on everything. I know he doesn’t sell HL but they have a parts department

danemayer

It looks like the 14K is described as "landing gear" which would be the front legs. The "leveling jack(s)" would be the center and rear jacks on a 6 point system.

But you should call Lippert. Things change and even though this manual is on the Lippert website and looks current, there's always a chance they might have changed part #s the day before your trailer was built.

dlafko

My comment is conjecture in that I have no idea how badly you hit the curb and extent of damage
I suggested Shaffer’s because Lippert is on everything. I know he doesn’t sell HL but they have a parts department

Ahh Its bent pretty good Lol, broke it off were 2 of thebolts go in. The bolts held tight but the jack metal tore. I did he is checking so well see what theycan find. Seems like it’s a 400+ dollar part.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like the 14K is described as "landing gear" which would be the front legs. The "leveling jack(s)" would be the center and rear jacks on a 6 point system.

But you should call Lippert. Things change and even though this manual is on the Lippert website and looks current, there's always a chance they might have changed part #s the day before your trailer was built.

Thank I appreciate he help

rhodies1

There is also a Campers World located in Harrisburg, it’s quite a large operation so they may have a leg in stock ,just a thought.
good luck....

jayc

Legendary Member
We were at our selling dealer's lot, taking delivery of our Oshkosh, a couple came in with their Landmark Charleston that had also hit a curb, bending the middle jack. Further investigation revealed that they had actually bent the frame of the trailer. It was finally totaled by their insurance company, so you might want to check it.