Living Room, Bedroom and outside RV TV problems.... Dish & Cable both...

rdickey

The Crowded Camper Mom
Hi everyone! I have been reading through old threads and I'm either too dumb or just possibly losing an eye staring at all the discussions on wiring for satellite in various rooms in the RV.

We have a Landmark, 2014, with a TV in the bedroom, the living room, and on the outside. We use Dish, and for a year of full-timing the Dish worked fine on the living room TV, and whatever was on the living room TV would also play outside. For some reason, the outside TV has quit giving a picture. It's not the TV itself, because we can take a cable directly from the receiver and go straight to the TV outside and get picture. Something is wrong from the living room to the outside TV connection. Clueless there?

We have the Dish brand Winegard Carryout package that says it's capable of picking up two satellites. As long as we've had it, we can't figure out how to pick up the second satellite so that we can watch Dish in the bedroom. We plug it in outside, where it says satellite dish, but it never shows up inside. All we see upstairs is antenna.

So the living room TV has always worked fine with Dish. Outside TV used to, now just no picture. Bedroom TV has never shown anything other than antenna. We are about to start full-timing again this week and we would like to figure this out.

I appreciate being pointed in the right direction to either an old thread that answers this, or some new guidance! Thank you so much~

danemayer

Hi Becky,

For the bedroom TV, check in the closet. On many of the newer rigs, there will be a panel where antenna/cable and satellite come out and one or the other is jumpered to another coax connector that goes to the bedroom TV. If this is what you have, you have to move the jumper to the satellite connector. If you want to switch back to antenna/cable, you have to again move the jumper.

Winegard has more than one Carryout model, so I'm not sure this applies to all, but the Carryout G2 manual says that while you can simultaneously watch 2 different programs on 2 receivers, the programs have to be on the same satellite. That implies that the dish only aims at one satellite at a time, as opposed to a larger dish like the Directv Slimline 3 or 5 which pick up multiple satellites at the same time.

On the outside TV, I'm afraid I have no idea how it's wired, but it sounds like the connection has been disturbed at one end or the other. The best I can suggest is to inspect the connections.

rdickey

The Crowded Camper Mom
Ohhh thanks! Husband will be standing in the bedroom closet now for a while. I appreciate it!

We bought Pathway X2 for our DISH service which is Winegard's first fully automatic portable satellite system. We can view two different tv channels at the same time. We dont get the local channels. Have to hook up antennae to get local channels (and that doesnt always work on local channels). We do get dish programming just fine. We bought it online and it came with 2 receivers. We take a cable from each tv/receiver directly out to the pathway. We haven't been able to hook-up to the cable connectors provided in our 2015 Gateway 3200 with any luck. Has anybody been able to hook up to the pre-wired cable adapter in their RV and it works? If so, what are we doing wrong? The Pathway X2 automatically finds and toggles between Dish satellites from Eastern Arc or Western Arc satellite orbitals. You can seamlessly view different channels on two TVs (second receiver needed) using the same satellite. It's larger reflector (18") allows you to pull a stronger signal. Lightweight yet rugged, the Pathway X2 antenna requires minimal set up time. Features 2 coax outputs to allow for multiple receiver hook-up, an easy grip carry handle, and a security eyelet molded into the base so the antenna can be locked up.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Becky,

One thing to consider, instead of switching the jumper between cable and satellite outlets, I installed an A/B switch with short cables between the switch and the two outlets on the wall. That way, I only need to push either the A button or the B button, depending on whether I want cable or satellite.