looking at Big Horn 3260Elite

etcmss

considering an upgrade from our current travel trailer to a Big Horn 3260 Elite and am looking for experienced owners input on this model. It has the right floor plan for us and the right options, but we have not found a lot of owner feedback (good and bad). if you have input on this this we would appreciate some words.Gary

jimtoo

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Good looking floor plan with lots of room. You will also get the support of the Heartland Owners Forum and customer support from Heartland RVs is second to none. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with more info also.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you on the road in a Bighorn.

Jim M

JanAndBill

considering an upgrade from our current travel trailer to a Big Horn 3260 Elite and am looking for experienced owners input on this model. It has the right floor plan for us and the right options, but we have not found a lot of owner feedback (good and bad). if you have input on this this we would appreciate some words.Gary

Next month will mark our 1st year with our 2013 - 3260 EL. Truthfully after a year we haven't been disappointed in any way with the layout, we are still as happy as the day we bought it. We still get compliments from the neighbors when we pull in to a campground. Our experience as a whole with the trailer has been very good, and would not think twice about buying it again. Now the negatives, Heartland needs to do a much better job on their final quality control to catch the little things. We had a lot of little things to attach, seal, adjust, etc, that a simple final quality control check should have caught. As to warranty claims we really didn't have that much, but what we did have seemed to take awhile to get fixed. I should note that the time element was not necessarily the fault of Heartland, but rather the dealer. I've mentioned it before, but Heartland needs to improve their owners manual. Lastly Heartland could eliminate a lot of customer frustration by requiring their dealers to have better training in the operation and repairs of their units. I can't remember the number of times I've had to explain to the service manager at the dealer how things operated on our unit.

etcmss

as I did more review for purchase I found that some items have changed from the brochures. I found a Remington interior. The sales guy I talked to said there were other changes-like shades, etc. that are not in brochures.
anybody know the changes?
Gary

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest that you give a call to Heartland and speak with the Bighorn Brand Manager.
He can give you the latest details.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

We have the Heartland Big Horn 3260 Elite 2013. We love the layout. It was exactly what we needed. The way that the bathroom door is attached is a little odd and I have seen that they have changed that for the 2014 units.
My question is, the two slide outs in the living room/ kitchen come in at the same time on the same switch. Is there a way to have only one come in at a time?
Thank you for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Robstacgorvn, welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here.
Take a look in the compartment that holds your hydraulic pump.
There may be two or three valves located on the hydraulic manifold.
Closing off one or two of those will allow the movement of one slide only.

Peace
Dave

JanAndBill

Front compartment, right side, there are two silver thumb screws. Closing one or the other will keep one slide from opening.

sengli

We have had our 3260 for one complete season. We are not fulltimers. The middle island thing, makes it so you cant access anything without the slides extended. One switch for the bedroom slide(electric), and another one for the other two hydraulic main slides. The only thing I have noticed is the tanks on this rig drain so slow, compared to our elkridge we had before this. We also removed the bedroom, and bathroom doors, we found them to be in the way. By removing the doors, the hallway is much easier to navigate.
We also went to furniture row, and replaced the couch, and recliners with better more comfortable furniture.
The only odd thing, is when the bedroom lights are turned on, our TV reception dies. There is a thread on here, concerning this issue. Seems like its a 3260 only issue? Also we didnt realize this, but because the super slide is so tall there isnt any room left for a ceiling fan...so for sure get a super fan on your options list for the living area. Anyway we really enjoy the roominess. Man this coach is big inside.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We have a 3260 on order to replace our 3055rl. We fell in love with the 3260 when on the factory tour at the last Goshen rally. I called and the brand mgr checked with engineering about the slides. The 2 large slides are hydraulic and open in sequence just as my 3055. The bedroom is electric and has a seperate switch. The newer Big Country units' hydraulic slides work together but the BH are still designed to be in sequence. We knew when we ordered that we couldn't access the frig without opening the slides. I don't have room to open the slides where I park at home, so I'll have to pull out to load the frig on the way out. It'll be a little trouble but we knew that going in and it's not really a big deal. Most models have that layout. I just hope some of the QC issues are resolved when ours is built.

SeattleLion

My new 3160 Elite (almost your twin, just reversed floor plan) opens sorta together. One will start, then the other catch up, etc. It's an odd pattern but it is fine.