Looking for a dealer near Jonesboro Arkansas

madkins18

I live in Northeast Arkansas and am in need of repair work. I have a cyclone 4100 toy hauler and my wife retracted the bedroom slide out in (while basement door fully extended) causing damage to door and slide out. Feedback regarding a positive experience with nearby dealer will be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi madkins18,

I'm sorry this happened. I don't have a servicer recommendation, but I have a friend who replaced his damaged door by himself, saving a few hundred $ in labor charges. I don't think it was very difficult.

Btw, I've noticed on some newer rigs that Heartland has started putting a cable on the door to restrict upward movement so it can't get crunched. You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Perhaps they'll send you the cable at no charge, and who knows, they might help out on the door.

Another way to avoid future damage is to add corner guards to the slide out. They'll protect your head and also will keep the cargo door far enough away from the slide out to avoid damage.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Been 45 years since I went to college at A-State. Look for an independent mobile RV service, then get approval from Heartland customer service to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Been 45 years since I went to college at A-State. Look for an independent mobile RV service, then get approval from Heartland customer service to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Won't need Heartland's approval..this is not something warranty will cover..I would take a couple pictures, get your insurance company involved, this is something that should be covered. If the damage is all bolt on stuff you can just order the parts from Heartland and install them yourself...Don

madkins18

Thank you GOTTOYS and boatto5er. I have called heartland and they are going to ship me the parts so I can fix damage myself. ASU sure has changed in recent years!!

ncrzrbk

ASU has changed a lot since I was there from 83-85. Go Indians. I mean Red Wolfs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ptysonjr

I did the same exact thing. The slide was out of alignment, the basement door was ruined and the 4" trim on the slide bottom was ruined. Mine was during high wind which caused the door to be pushed up higher than usual at the same time the slide was being closed. Talked to my insurance agent and it was fully covered. I did not realize it could raise that high....lesson learned. RV Station in Colbert OK repaired mine and did a fine job. Any Heartland dealer near you should be able to fix you up.