Looking for a Goodyear G614 tire vendor on way to Sweet Heart Rally

brianlajoie

I am travelling to the Sweet Heart Rally and need to replace my existing tires with Goodyear G614's. My route from Denver is thru Raton, Amarillo, Lubbock and San Angelo to Kerrville. Does anyone have any experience with a tire vendor that carries the G614's along this path? I'm also open to San Antonio. The shop is going to need to be big enough to handle the trailer along with mounting, balancing and checking the alignment to the wheels. I've already checked the wheels and they are stamped to handle 110 PSI.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Look for a Goodyear wingfoot store. It is a commercial operation that should be able to handle your rig. Our local Wingfoot had the best price too plus told me to come back anytime and they would rotate them free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I changed our Towmax as soon as I got home from the dealer and before we headed to Rifle Gap. We are headed to Kerrville the week after the rally. We will use that same route. Safe travels.

chiefneon

Howdy!

X2 on the Goodyear Wingfoot commercial tire store. They are the best places I've found to get G614's. Also make sure you check the tire dates on the ones you purchase. Had a regular GY tire sale me a four year old tire once.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

DocFather

sidewall_bottom5.jpg

Date of Manufacture - Example 5203 (52nd week of 2003)

donr827

Howdy!

X2 on the Goodyear Wingfoot commercial tire store. They are the best places I've found to get G614's. Also make sure you check the tire dates on the ones you purchase. Had a regular GY tire sale me a four year old tire once.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
X3 on using the Wingfoot store and checking the date.
Don

dfk009

Have you tried Discount Tires Direct? Myself, and many other Heartland owners get tires from them. Their West coast warehouse is showing stock, and they rotate them in and out so quickly, you're assured of fresh tires. UPS will have them to you in 2 - 3 working days, free shipping and no sales tax! Don

pegmikef

I am travelling to the Sweet Heart Rally and need to replace my existing tires with Goodyear G614's. My route from Denver is thru Raton, Amarillo, Lubbock and San Angelo to Kerrville. Does anyone have any experience with a tire vendor that carries the G614's along this path? I'm also open to San Antonio. The shop is going to need to be big enough to handle the trailer along with mounting, balancing and checking the alignment to the wheels. I've already checked the wheels and they are stamped to handle 110 PSI.

I called our local Discount Tire place here in San Angelo and they usually have some on hand, but can get them in a day or so. He said you could call them and set up an appointment in advance and they will make sure they have them when you get here. He said $359.00 per tire. I told him that I would pass their number and address to you and you could work it out with them if interested. TP# 325-947-8977; 4360 Sherwood Way, San Angelo, TX.

I have used them several times and found them to be reasonable and professional (and there are Discount Tire Outlets all over the US).

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got a G614 in Amarillo TX Discount Tire several years ago. They had them in stock. Try calling them and they could get it for you prior to your arrival. They can handle your rig there. I have 4 G614s that I took off our Landmark when it was new I would be willing to part with for a reasonable price (they are mounted on the wheels). They have not been used other than driving on them from Elkhart to Houston and Houston to our home outside of Trinity TX. Although we are out of the way for you. PM me if you are interested.

rjr6150

TDS Tires
Longmont,Co.80504
970-535-4471

Goodyear dealer right off of I-25 and just south of the Camping World. Have purchased last two sets from them. Easy on and off the interstate. Specialize in truck and heavy equipment tires, large building to pull entire rig in.

TXTiger

I went with the Mitchlin XPS Ribs which are also great tires. Went to a semi truck dealer named Park West or something like that in San Diego. There is one here in Palm Springs as well. I think they are all over and near interstate exits because they specialize in big semi trucks. You may be able to google them and see if there is one on your route or ask a truck driver at a truck stop.