Looking for feedback on Office version of BH 3875 FB

StrongJava

Sooo, we've decided to look again at the Bighorn 3875FB even though it is a touch longer than we wanted.

If we would do this, we'd swap the half bath for the office option. I'm looking for people who have this option, and your thoughts about it, especially after putting a chair in there.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hogladyrider

Re: 3875fb

You will love the 3875FB.

We ordered ours new in 2015 and though we do not have the office option we have the half bath option, we love the half bath and the extra cabinet storage it provided.

We now have a motorcycle to bring with us so we are trading in our 3875FB for a 2017 Cyclone.

Good luck!

Food for thought, ILO the office option, we used our dining table for our office as we never sat there to eat, and it worked out great.

Susan

Georgia_Biker

We fell in love with the Landmark version of this floorplan but, I did not want to move up to a "Dually" tow vehicle or the added cost of the Landmark. Fortunatly BIG HORN offers a similar version in the 3875FB at a little less cost and weight. We traded in our 3610RE and really enjoy the front bath, bedroom, closet combination. I did move from a Dodge 2500 to a 3500 and the truck doesn't even know there is a 41' 5th wheel behind it.

One tip if you have the patience - we ordered our BH from a dealer and had it built with all of the options we wanted from the factory and still got a great purchase price.

GBandPB

One of our local dealers shows they have this floorplan in stock. Can't wait to have the spare time to drag the wife out and take a look at it. We love the front bath, half-bath layout. We also looked at a landmark 365 version of the same floor plan back in January. Loved it with the only exception being it was a little posh for our tastes. The Big Horn looks like it really fits the bill. Ahhh, Retirement cannot get here fast enough!

Georgia_Biker

Tim-

We opted for the 1/2 bath and are glad we did. There is more storage for you and the 1/2 bath is very convenient.

Gtoli

Those are beautiful rigs, if we were to go full time and decided a garage wasn't needed, I would definitely consider that model with the half bath.

Kathi-27

just did the first walk through yesterday on our 3875fb we ordered with office. a little smaller than expected but really like it.

farside291

Does the office area have pantry space as well? We have the BC with the half bath. We have 4 sleeping often so we needed the half bath.

Kathi-27

no. has 1 small lower cabinet w 1 shelves under left of desk.2 draws under rt of desk. 4 overhead cabinet doors

StrongJava

We appear to be of similar mind-set about the Landmark. I really like some of the options available with the coach, and some of the features, but certain elements seem like too much for me. Posh is a good word.

====
@Kathi-27 But there is a pantry on the wall of the kitchen adjoining the office space, right? And as I recall it is a pretty large one, just not walk-in.

For the office, is it a little small in terms of storage? Work surface? Window? Access? Chair space? Could I trouble you to elaborate some more on that?

And pictures would be great!

Many thanks.

Tim

Kathi-27

yes there is still the pantry on wall like in the pictures. office has window, ceiling fan, counter top for desk. lower cabs and overhead cabs. will try to post pic don't know how to get the off my phone to my lap top waiting for my son to get here to show me. the pic I got was not the best. but will give you and idea.the room size is a little small but would work.

Kathi-27

Here is the picture of the office.

Attachments

• IMG_0186_zpsm8hrniew.jpg
    IMG_0186_zpsm8hrniew.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 57

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Here is the picture of the office.

We considered this plan quite a while and it was the front runner for office space, but I agree it felt a little tight. (We saw the plan at the Dallas RV show.) However, I think it's a good solution if you need your own "space" away from the distractions. It would be great if you had hobbies such as scrapbooking or sewing or painting, because you can always close the door on your "work in progress". LOL!

We opted to go with the rear den plan in the BC line, similar to the Bighorn 3870RD. We took out a couch and made that living area slide the office space by adding a desk and a cabinet with drawers. It works really well for me, and I love the view out the door-side windows.

GBandPB

We went and looked at 3875fb today at Olathe RV Center in Gardner, Kansas. Wow! Loved it. So far I think it's exactly what we're looking for. Still have to wait till the S&B is paid off to pull the plug on a coach in that price range.

StrongJava

@Kathi-27,

Thank you! Have you put a chair in yet? And how does it feel when you're sitting at the desk working?

One option my wife @eclaire92 suggested is that if we went with this, we'd make it into a Dutch door as soon as we could find someone with a workshop. Is the door solid or hollow?

Kathi-27

have not got it home yet. we are thinking about removing door with just wife and I . pdi and pickup is this coming sat. saw a pic somewhere that had one of the dinning chairs in the office. can't remember where I saw it at. looked ok from what I remember. not sure on construction of door.looks like std interior rv door. the wife was happy and ok with size of room just a little smaller than she would have liked.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
have not got it home yet. we are thinking about removing door with just wife and I . pdi and pickup is this coming sat. saw a pic somewhere that had one of the dinning chairs in the office. can't remember where I saw it at. looked ok from what I remember. not sure on construction of door.looks like std interior rv door. the wife was happy and ok with size of room just a little smaller than she would have liked.

When at the Dallas RV Show, we saw one of the very first run of this model. I put a dining chair in the office to sit at the desk. In that unit, I was not able to pull up under the desk, because my legs caught on the framing of the drawer where your legs would be under. I'm 5'8", and a little on the heavier side, so it could be just me. But then, lots of guys wouldn't fit either. It could be the dining chair is too tall and a folding chair might work better, or they've made adjustments to the desk height or drawer height to make sure one can use a dining chair. I'm not sure.

Be sure to check this on your PDI.

StrongJava

In my current coach, I have a rolling office chair. I lower it and the arms slide under the desk for when we move. It works quite well.

My suspicion is that in the 3875FB's office, a chair with arms might be too big.