Looking for Image of water line hose for Bighorn 3580 RL

bunnie1203

4 degrees last night. We have three heaters going under the bighorn with insulation almost all the way around. Installed a new pump last night, the water was flowing beautifully! hot water and all. This morning no water flow. There is one part that may be frozen, so I am looking for a diagram of the water line so we know where to put the extra heater. Anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks
I wish the hose lines had electric heating option ;-)
Thank you in advance

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Every model is different, but in our case, the fresh water line comes off the bottom lower corner of the fresh water tank, runs long the frame and then up through a hole in the basement area to the pump (located behind a basement wall.) It's about 10 feet of pipe. It has a "T" to the low-point drain that hangs out of the underbelly, right around the tank drain pipes. This low-point may be the source of your problems, as the "T" of this tends to be close to the underbelly skin.

Hope this helps!

jnbhobe

I have never seen a plumbing diagram for a Bighorn, but you should be able to see where most of them go by pulling the wall in the basement behind the UDC.

wingfoot

4 degrees last night. We have three heaters going under the bighorn with insulation almost all the way around. Installed a new pump last night, the water was flowing beautifully! hot water and all. This morning no water flow. There is one part that may be frozen, so I am looking for a diagram of the water line so we know where to put the extra heater. Anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks
I wish the hose lines had electric heating option ;-)
Thank you in advance

Don't know where you might find a diagram. Just wondering, did your water source (out side) freeze? You probably should have disconnected the hose you didn't say. Are the heaters in your basement? If not you have a power source in the basement, plug in a light, the heat that the bulb creates will help somewhat..I don't know about +4* though. If you get your water flowing from the fresh water inlet, if that's the problem, you might want to put some water in you fresh tank. Again, you didn't say but it sounds like you are not getting water to your coach..and who knows the campground water hook-up could be frozen..Also, can you hear your water pump running, assuming you are trying to pull from the fresh water tank...How about your fuses?
We really need a little more information on what you have checked..

Good luck

bunnie1203

No outside water source. We filled the fresh water tank with water. heaters are in the basement. We can hear the water pump, and only a dribble of water (now that it has warmed to a balmy 12 degrees) It was working fine last night. The line furthest away from the basement is what we think may have some freezing. We have the front part (under the bedroom) insulated and we are insulating the back part today (under the couch/chairs) we thought a diagram might help- Our big horn does not actually sit on its wheels, it is elevated a bit with bottom of BH to ground insulation. We are in the middle of Montana - ;-) thanks for all your help. Once we get the back part insulated, I bet we won't have any problems as long as the three heaters are going underneath. I like the light bulb idea.

wingfoot

No outside water source. We filled the fresh water tank with water. heaters are in the basement. We can hear the water pump, and only a dribble of water (now that it has warmed to a balmy 12 degrees) It was working fine last night. The line furthest away from the basement is what we think may have some freezing. We have the front part (under the bedroom) insulated and we are insulating the back part today (under the couch/chairs) we thought a diagram might help- Our big horn does not actually sit on its wheels, it is elevated a bit with bottom of BH to ground insulation. We are in the middle of Montana - ;-) thanks for all your help. Once we get the back part insulated, I bet we won't have any problems as long as the three heaters are going underneath. I like the light bulb idea.

Just wondering...can you hear the pump prime up? If not then it sounds like the supply from the tank is where the problem is.

Good luck..and try to stay warm!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the water line from the tank is resting against the frame...it will freeze. When you can, remove the coroplast and check. You can use plastic wire ties and hold it away from the frame. I think that you can buy heated insulation for the water line also. BTW, my daughter said it was 5* in Bozeman yesterday and last year I was in Big Timber at this time and it was -15*.