Low water flow in Kitchen

wingfoot

I have a very slow water flow at the Kitchen sink. The shower, toilet, and bedroom lavatory all have much better water flow. Pressure at source registers 55# with water meter. I am using a regulator (45/50#). I have checked for debris in the faucet..It's clean. I have read on our forums where people have changed the fixture to improve flow..rather not do this if there is a fix..

Here is a Picture of the flow:

100_9743.jpg

grizzlygiant

There is a flow-restrictor washer in the fawcet; put there to "conserve water". Many of us have taken this restrictor out and discarded it. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you exactly how to remove it.

jayc

Legendary Member
Gary, I'm sure you're right about conserving water, but could it also be put there to keep water from splashing so bad if your sink is in the island? I don't know for sure but just sayin'...

grizzlygiant

If splashing water is a problem then a "bubbler" on the fawcet will cure that. There should be one built-in the oem fawcet?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The faucet has a screen bubbler in it. The flow restrictor is at the base of the wand where the line screws into it. Take a small drill bit, or even a small screw, insert it into the white plastic "hole" and pull the thing out.

wingfoot

The faucet has a screen bubbler in it. The flow restrictor is at the base of the wand where the line screws into it. Take a small drill bit, or even a small screw, insert it into the white plastic "hole" and pull the thing out.

Thanks guys, here is a picture of what I think you are talking about..this is on the end of the hose..and is metal, not plastic. I still think I can get it out..if in fact this would be the restrictor.100_9749.JPG

JohnDar

Thanks guys, here is a picture of what I think you are talking about..this is on the end of the hose..and is metal, not plastic. I still think I can get it out..if in fact this would be the restrictor.View attachment 16507

Nope, not the hose end. Look inside the faucet wand where the hose screwed into it. In mine, there was a white piece of plastic with a very small hole in the center.

wingfoot

Nope, not the hose end. Look inside the faucet wand where the hose screwed into it. In mine, there was a white piece of plastic with a very small hole in the center.

I dunno John...Mine does have a plastic Ring with a spring loaded device behind it..You can push on this device and it will retract. When you release it, it appears to seal against the white ring...I know this may sound clear as mud..Here's a picture that might help..there is no hole in the spring loaded mechanism, just an indention. I see you have a 09' BH, mine is a08'...could be different..
Thanks for your help.

100_9751.JPG

wingfoot

I dunno John...Mine does have a plastic Ring with a spring loaded device behind it..You can push on this device and it will retract. When you release it, it appears to seal against the white ring...I know this may sound clear as mud..Here's a picture that might help..there is no hole in the spring loaded mechanism, just an indention. I see you have a 09' BH, mine is a08'...could be different..
Thanks for your help.

View attachment 16563

I think my dumb*** has finally figured it out..had to take out what you see in the picture (white plastic)...then I could see the piece with the "little hole"...so I took that out and that seemed to give me more flow..

Thanks for hanging in there with me..

Larry

Last edited:

JohnDar

I think my dumb*** has finally figured it out..had to take what you see in the picture...then I could see the piece with the "little hole"...so I took that out and that seemed to give me more flow..

Thanks for hanging in there with me..

Larry

Sometimes you just gotta do the manly thing and start taking things apart. Just be sure you know where to get a replacement quick before the wife figures out you've mucked it up beyond all recognition and functionality.:mad: