Main slide adjustment needed: Cy4200

im_1406

One side of our main slide needs to go in about an inch. Is it just a matter of tightening the bolt my finger is pointing to? Sorry for the sideways pic posts.....always happens from iPhone.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

It seems to be tracking open and close well,....just leaving a gap on one side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 53

danemayer

Hi im_1406,

The jamnut pictured may correct the problem. But before adjusting it, you should try to figure out what's changed. If the jamnut hasn't moved, something else is causing the alignment to change. Make sure nothing is blocking free movement of the slide room.

We have some manuals that may help you figure it out. Here's a link.

im_1406

Thanks Danemayer. The jamnut has not moved as best I can tell. Nothing seems to be blocking movement. The slide seems to drop into place and initiate closing like normal. I'll check out the link you sent. Thanks!

im_1406

Will tightening the nylon lock (the single nut my finger is pointing to) vs adjusting the jamnut #1 and #2 close the room tighter against the coach?
I think I need it about an inch tighter. Is it possible the teeth skipped keeping my room from closing? Can I adjust that instead?

danemayer

Is it possible the teeth skipped keeping my room from closing? Can I adjust that instead?

I'd check for worn or broken teeth. Also, take a look at the bar that connects the gears at each end. When the hydraulic ram pushes or pulls, the gears near the ram transfer motion through that bar to the other gear to keep the room moving the same on each side.

im_1406

Teeth all look good. Transfer of energy all looks good. I tightened the nylon nut and it closes perfect. I will definitely keep an eye on this. Wondering if it was ALWAYS like this and I just didn't notice (unlikely). But it seems I'm chasing quality issues all the time.

Really appreciate your sending me the manuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Next on my list is the recliner closest to the TV.....its rubbing hard into the wall.