MIA......30 amp Fuse

SilverRhino

I've always been careful about respecting the upper and lower limits on the front landing gear. My care has prevented my "needing" to find the fuse that many have inadvertently blown.

Today I was visiting the BC at the storage lot and decided that I would look for this infamous fuse. Well.....pink wire was there behind the battery box, as everyone mentions, but no fuse. Took the wires out of the plastic loom and traced them all the way to the motor....NO fuse!

So.....before our up coming trip, I have one additional bit of maintenance to perform. I too want the capability of blowing my fuse......much better than burning up a motor!

Travel Safe!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've always been careful about respecting the upper and lower limits on the front landing gear. My care has prevented my "needing" to find the fuse that many have inadvertently blown.

Today I was visiting the BC at the storage lot and decided that I would look for this infamous fuse. Well.....pink wire was there behind the battery box, as everyone mentions, but no fuse. Took the wires out of the plastic loom and traced them all the way to the motor....NO fuse!

So.....before our up coming trip, I have one additional bit of maintenance to perform. I too want the capability of blowing my fuse......much better than burning up a motor!

Travel Safe!

It's a mythical fuse. When I removed the jacks and installed the Ground Control ones, there was no fuse anywhere. Now there's a big, ole 60A ATC fuse holder right near the battery connections. The individual motors are fused 40A ATC's in the controller module.

zwirnmann

I know we've got a 30 AMP black rubber single fuse holder on a red heavy gage wire right behind the battery box because I end up replacing it pretty much everytime I use the landing gear. Since the battery is fully charged I'm still looking for the loose ground the dealer told me must exist. Until then I travel with a case of 30 AMP fuses.

Good luck!

Jimmy

I know we've got a 30 AMP black rubber single fuse holder on a red heavy gage wire right behind the battery box because I end up replacing it pretty much everytime I use the landing gear. Since the battery is fully charged I'm still looking for the loose ground the dealer told me must exist. Until then I travel with a case of 30 AMP fuses.

Good luck!
Unless your are bottoming out the jacks, the ground wire is on a buss bar on the back wall, just tighten all the screws, you may be surprised.

On our Elkridge the fuse is in the front storage area, where the front jacks are mounted on. the gooseneck. It is on the passenger side on the back side of the battery storage area. I have blown this fuse 3 times in 1 week! I will look into the ground issue for I am not bottoming the jacks out.

Brian