Middleboro MA

WE are going to Middleboro. Our granddaughter is going along. We will be continuing on to Maine, but Kelly has to return home. Does anyone know if it is possible to take our camper to Back Bay Train station to drop her off? Or is it better for her to take the train from Middleboro to Boston to get the train back to Phila? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The Floyd's

TXTiger

How old is your granddaughter? Is she able to ride the train alone and able to transfer trains in Boston by herself? Can you unhook the 5er and drive her to the Back BayTrain Station in the truck?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It would be easy to pull into the Middleborough Lakeville train station with trailer in tow. And it is only two miles from the KOA

That's what I thought John. The satellite pics of the Middleboro Station look roomy enough. But then again with only a two mile trip you they can drop her off and return to the KOA to hook up and pull out. Either way it can be done if she takes the train from Middleboro to the Boston Back Bay Amtrak Station.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
as you are headed north already - you may want to consider a slight detour to the Amtrack station on rt 128 @ rt 95. it is called westwood station ( I aways thought it was in Canton ) you will not be able to get to the station with your rig but there would be a lot of places to drop the trailer and drive over in the truck. then go back to the trailer and hook up and go. The issue with the lakeville or Middleboro stations is they only go into Boston - not to NY and points west - only Amtrack does that.

Our granddaughter is 19, she has ridden the train before from Phila.with transfers, but are not sure how easy the transfer in Boston would be. Thank You

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Transfer really is not a big deal in Boston for someone that age - South Station is no Penn Station or Grand Central Station, but timing will need to be taken into consideration, picking a commuter train to get her into South Station in time for her outbound train to PA. there are only 13 rail tracks at south station and they are all at the same location so she will not have to really go anywhere to get to the outbound train. The travel time into Boston from Middleboro is 1 hour and the fair is $10 in advance ( purchased at a station vending machine ) or $13 cash on the train ( exact change is requested ). I do not know if there is a vending machine at Middleboro, I have not found anything that says there is. If there is no way to purchase the ticket at the boarding station they may not charge the $3 cash fee on the train.

Kevin