Missing axle cap.

Luc

Went to grease axle on new elkridge bought new last May and no axle cap from factory.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Luc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, and see if they will send you one or contact your dealer.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Went to grease axle on new elkridge bought new last May and no axle cap from factory.

Hey Luc, my new Gateway was missing one also.:p My dealer shipped me a new one.

I would get those wheels bearings checked . . . ASAP!

Less than 500 miles after I discovered one of our EZ Lube covers missing, we had a wheel bearing blowout on that wheel that took out the spindle and brake assembly, and a $1000 bill for a band aid fix just to get us home.

Not to mention that it could have caught our trailer on fire had we not been notified by a passing driver about the smoke rolling out from under the trailer that I couldn't see in the mirrors.

JanAndBill

JMO but I would pull that drum, clean, inspect the bearings and repack the bearings. There is no way of knowing how much water, grit and other foreign matter has already worked it's way in. A little precaution now could save you a ton down the road.

justafordguy

I would get those wheels bearings checked . . . ASAP!

Less than 500 miles after I discovered one of our EZ Lube covers missing, we had a wheel bearing blowout on that wheel that took out the spindle and brake assembly, and a $1000 bill for a band aid fix just to get us home.

Not to mention that it could have caught our trailer on fire had we not been notified by a passing driver about the smoke rolling out from under the trailer that I couldn't see in the mirrors.

I agree 100%, I did purge the bearings with the EZ-Lube fitting and checked end play but I will be doing a complete re-pack on all the bearings soon.;)

lwmcguir

Sounds like a very serious quality control issue. How **** blind do you have to be to miss the caps on inspection? Should you really have that job?