Mopar Fifth-Wheel Hitch

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Looking at a new 2012 or 2013 Dodge 3500 Dually and I see in the Ram brochure that they offer a Mopar 5th wheel hitch as an option.
Does not give any details about capacity other than to be used when towing in excess 0f 12k lb.
Does anybody have any thoughts or experience about this assembly? I am thinking it would be nice to have something "factory installed" and included with the trucks warranty. Pros / Cons ?

wal_mart

Last edited:

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Dodge doesn't offer this option on the 12's, only 13 and up.

Give B&W a call. They will have a hitch out for it soon enough and that would be my option before Reese

DesertThumper

Looking at a new 2012 or 2013 Dodge 3500 Dually and I see in the Ram brochure that they offer a Mopar 5th wheel hitch as an option.
Does not give any details about capacity other than to be used when towing in excess 0f 12k lb.
Does anybody have any thoughts or experience about this assembly? I am thinking it would be nice to have something "factory installed" and included with the trucks warranty. Pros / Cons ?

I just went through the whole process you mentioned above. I have a 3500 Crew Cab LB DRW with the prep kit included. Yes you can order a rail kit for it and it took mine about a week until I received it from Mopar. Then my dealer sold me on a Husky 26k hitch. All in all it takes 6 mins to take off completely thats including setting the hitch in the garage. I have pics of it on one of my threads if you want to look at it.

Last edited: