Mor/Ryde IS suspension alignment..

lwmcguir

Alignment of the MR IS is not done by bending axles, tubes, cross members or whatever you call them.

I seriously doubt you can get the same precision of alignment the IS affords by bending axles, which is how most trailer axles are aligned.

From MOR/ryde's manual "any alignment shop that can handle full size trailers with multiple axles should be able to handle the job".
MOR/ryde uses a standard Hunter Laser Alignment unit.

How do you think they align them? The only way you can do it is to bend them unless they were bolted on which ususally is only on small trailers.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
lwmcguir
Do you know how to align the front end of a car? I don't. I don't think there is an axle to bend? From what I understand each wheel is aligned in the same way as the front end of a GM auto. Only difference is that you have to have a laser to keep the front and rear tires on the same side have to be aligned to track the same. You align Semi's the same way except they use larger tires and the problem is that the 16" tires can not be aligned with Semi alignment equipment. I am attaching a copy of the alignment instructions. I hope this will be sufficient information to determine how to align the Mor/Ryde IS.

Here is the pictures I took when my Mor/Ryde IS was installed...

Attachments

• IS Alignment Guid.pdf
    298 KB · Views: 13

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You do not have an axle on the IS system. It is only a bar that goes from one side to the other to help stabilize. You do not bend that bar. There are adjustments on each side.

porthole

Retired
How do you think they align them? The only way you can do it is to bend them unless they were bolted on which usu sally is only on small trailers.

MOR/ryde IS is aligned with simple shims, very accurate and with current laser equipment easier then ever.

Porthole
I tried to upload a Word document of the service manual but it is a bit to large to upload as an attachment.

Send me your email and I will send it to you..

Don't worry for now Bob, I think it is just a lap top issue. I be home in a few days to try again. But the email is porthole at optonline dot net

lwmcguir

lwmcguir
Do you know how to align the front end of a car? I don't. I don't think there is an axle to bend? From what I understand each wheel is aligned in the same way as the front end of a GM auto. Only difference is that you have to have a laser to keep the front and rear tires on the same side have to be aligned to track the same. You align Semi's the same way except they use larger tires and the problem is that the 16" tires can not be aligned with Semi alignment equipment. I am attaching a copy of the alignment instructions. I hope this will be sufficient information to determine how to align the Mor/Ryde IS.

Here is the pictures I took when my Mor/Ryde IS was installed...

Our heavier torsion axles are welded to the frame and you have to bend the axle tube just like a regular tubular axle. Didn't realize they made these like the smaller ones on the ATV trailer. Certainly learned something. Thanks for posting the article. Sure makes it important to have the bolts tight. Never have had one get out of alignment very bad unless we severely overloaded it. Thanks again.

lwmcguir

You do not have an axle on the IS system. It is only a bar that goes from one side to the other to help stabilize. You do not bend that bar. There are adjustments on each side.

Sure see that the Torsion axles we run are much different. Thought they were about the same since they use the rubber for the spring. We have a square axle that runs across the trailer and is welded to the frame on each side. Therefor you have to bend the axle just like a tubular axle to align it. Very durable and heavy duty. Most of ours are 7 or 8K but still have a 4 inch square axle tube. Like on Bobcats post I certainly learned something about the lighter weight axles that are on the coaches. Although my ATV trailer has an axle that runs across the frame as well and has the Torsion axles by Dexter. Have had a bunch of trailers aligned over the years but never had one of these IS units that dont connect via a large tube/axle to the other side.