More info on LM/BH Slam Latch Door (by Mor/ryde)

jbeletti

I can't tell from the pictures if their is indeed a lock on the propane door, or just a handle, which would make sense to keep with the overall look. I'm sure that Heartland has followed all the rules and regulations, so am not worried. Just an ole man, speculating before he knows the facts. Honestly, I didn't use to jump on that bandwagon when I was younger.;)

On the propane doors I saw at the Tampa show, there was no lock cylinder in them. Same style latch though. Just missing the lock. There is no hole where the lock would be. Just a smooth plastic surface.

On the pictures I posted this week, it "appears" there is a lock cylinder in the propane door latch. It may be a a faux lock plug. I will have the plant check on this.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Why not top hinge doors? Maybe I should have waited. Top hinge doors are more user friendly, and I like the change of locks on the battery door and LP tank door.

One thing about the top hinge doors. If you have one below a slide it will not open all the way. If you have a side hinge door you can have full access with out hitting your head on it.

My prevouse 5er had a top hinge door under a slide and it would only open up 90* (straight out) and I had to bend down a long way and hit my head if I raised up.

jbeletti

I can't tell from the pictures if their is indeed a lock on the propane door, or just a handle, which would make sense to keep with the overall look. I'm sure that Heartland has followed all the rules and regulations, so am not worried. Just an ole man, speculating before he knows the facts. Honestly, I didn't use to jump on that bandwagon when I was younger.;)

Okay - I heard back from the plant on this and I apologize for not recognizing this myself.

The picture I have in this thread shows a lock in the latch on the small door on the door-side of the coach. That door houses the battery and hydraulics - hence the lock.

The LP is on the off-door-side of the coach with a door with no lock.

Jim

Dragoon

I knew Heartland would have it right! No apology is needed or expected. Thanks for checking. Now, got to figure how to tell the wife our new trailer (6 months old to us), needs to be replaced.;) Not gonna happen :mad:

jbeletti

For those of you with the 2010 model year and later HRV coaches with the aluminum Slam Latch doors (by Mor/ryde), here is something for you.

There is an adjustment that you can make on your door, if your door edge is contacting/rubbing the frame. I am sure it won't cure all ills but the amount of adjustment it may provide may be helpful to some.

I have put a single page drawing we received from Mor/ryde, on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals under the Doors_Windows section.

I don't have these doors on my unit at this time so I cannot comment further on this. If you have any questions about this adjustment, please contact Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) or our supplier of these doors, Mor/ryde (574-293-1581).

Jim

aatauses

Thanks Jim,
I had prevoiusly tried these adjustments on all three of my doors. They are adjusted all they can be and I still have major binding/rubbing/alignment issues. I stopped at a dealer in WV and he said I needed to replace my doors when I get back to my original dealer in Tampa. We should be going through there in Dec/Jan so will stop and see what they think of the issue.
al