MORryde X-Factor crossmember kit

NHCelt

A forum member recommended this kit a while back, and since I had never heard of it I have done some looking around and thought it a worthy upgrade while I'm already doing the bearings and adding a wet bolt kit and new shocks.

My question to those that know...do I really need to add three of these?

wdk450

As being one owner who had the DISASTER of main I beams rolling, I can vouch for the necessity of such a better crossmenber bracing system. The primary horizontal stress input points to your frame I beams are at the spring hangars and equalizer hangar points. Thus the need for 3 crossmembers on dual axle trailers. Best of all worlds is to get the MorRyde IS system installed, which along with removal of the leaf springs and associated components, includes the installation of welded solid steel crossmembers to make a rigid "box" in the rear frame construction upon which to mount the Independent suspension components.

There arespecial discounted prices on MorRyde products for Heartland Owners currently in force. In past years this discount applied to ALL Heartland owners, whether or not they attended the Heartland Owners National Rally, and this discount was in effect for a number of months around the national rally. call MorRyde to check on this, and maybe have the rally vendor discounts thread on hand.

Here is what the X Factor crossmembers or the Independent Suspension protect you from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw3atuhfb0GMNlNrR3ZhM2I4dG8

EVANSJNT

I did my research before buying our 5r and had the MorRyde X factor reinforcement kit installed along with heavy duty wet bolt schackles. It is the best investment we made as the roads here in Alaska are not forgiving due to the frost heaves nor taking it through Canada across the ALCAN as well. I highly recommend purchasing this upgrade, Heartland should make it a standard feature on all their RVs.

wdk450

Frankly, if I were to install the X-Factor system, I wouldn't trust the securing bolts on the telescoping sections to hold their squeeze. I would have a welder weld these joints together.

As a part of my rolled I-beams repair, my welder installed cut to length thick steel tubing cross bracing between the hangar points.