My exterior height?

wingfoot

I've not been able to find the exterior height of my 08' 3400RE Bighorn. The reason I ask is we are traveling through an area with limited tunnel/overpass heights. Short of climbing on the roof and measuring my rig I don't know how to find out.

Thanks in advance for any information..

James

donr827

You should measure your own trailer and not go by a brochure or someone else's height if you are going through a limited height area. I have heard that some owners have put a 1X2X10 on top of the highest object like the a/c. You can then measure the height from a ladder without climbing on top of the trailer.

Crumgater

Don't be a celebrity here: http://11foot8.com/

Low bridge, 11'8" tall - with FLASHING LIGHTS indicating over-height vehicle approaching... and they STILL try to fit under. Doh!

We haven't measured ours, but the specs say 12'9"... I get nervous at the 14' signs...but so far, we've made it under all those just fine.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
You should measure your own trailer and not go by a brochure or someone else's height if you are going through a limited height area. I have heard that some owners have put a 1X2X10 on top of the highest object like the a/c. You can then measure the height from a ladder without climbing on top of the trailer.

I agree that this is a must.
I believe my height was listed at
12' 11"
My actual height is 13' 2" at the highest point, which is the front
A/C.
I will not crawl under anything less
than 13' 6" minimum. Trace
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am measured at 13-1 at the front ac and today I went under a 13-6 that I have seen a few 18 wheelers stuck under. They do have a sign that trucks must use left lane though. I will admit that I was nervous though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertden

I measured the height to the top of my front A/C at 13"-3". I always check the clearance height of any trestle or bridge under which I must travel.

happykraut

I have always used a 2x4 long enough to reach from the highest AC to a little past the side of the fiver. Then I put a level on top of the 2x4 to make sure it is level. Measure from the bottom of the 2x4 to the ground. I write this measurement down on a piece of paper and affix to the dash of my truck.