Myrtle Beach Trailer Park, SC

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have been here since Sunday afternoon, while we walked the park several times Sunday we spied no Heartland's :( Monday while walking we came upon two yea! two Big Country 2011's - we stopped and introduced ourselves and found out that the owners are cousins! they just picked up their campers last week! WOO HOO -
Then just on the next road sits a North Trail (we haven't been able to catch them yet!)
And just a few campers above that one sits a Sundance! (Haven't caught them at their site yet either!) We are on the beach so they are probably soaking up the sun!
Have cards in our pocket and will try again before we leave Wednesday!

This is fun! I'm getting pretty good at spotting the Heartland products LOL!

RollingHome

What park in Myrtle Beach ? We want to RV there but some feed back scares me... i.e. beer parties and goofy golf cart driver parades that start at 10:00PM with yelling and more ! We are more reserved and don't do noise and hoopla very well, more laid back. Thanks, Tom

MrsSouthernNights

Myrtle Beach Travel Park - 10108 Kings Rd. Myrtle Beach, SC; Gated camping, very quiet and restricted, no fire works! no parties, no loud noise! They have indoor and outside pools and a lazy river float. A small grocery store, laundry facilities,
www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com

This is not near the size of the three mega campgrounds in Myrtle Beach and for your wife the Tanger Outlet Mall is less than a mile! BRING MONEY!
Bass Pro Shop also less than a mile! BRING MORE MONEY! You can request lake side or beach side; we like the lake side our camper backs up to a small lake. There are also wooded sites on the hill that offers some good shade.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've driven past their entrance a few times while timesharing down there over the years. I didn't realize how big a CG it actually was.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great place. I will not camp at Ocean Lakes or Pirateland unless it's wintertime. Was at Ocean Lakes the 1st week of July a couple of years ago and could not get over how many out of control golf carts there were. It was just down right scarey and the campground staff couldn't do anything. Saw one child get run over and nobody did anything!!! Maybe this park is better governed. Thanks for the info Sam. :)
B--

RollingHome

Samantha & Larry, Thank you so very much ! Hope I didn't come across as grumpy... Patti and I are just more quiet and reserved. Fun and hoopla is good, just not all the time :). I bookmarked the campground you recommended and we will go there. Thanks again. Also, we live in the Lancaster, PA. area, it's a laid back 'slower' paced area. However, there are many things to do and see here, if we can be of help to you, sing out. T&P

supernan1414

I to bookmarked this campground. We have been to Pirate land twice in April with grand kids but this year we will be coming alone and would prefer a quieter campground.

SouthernNights

Samantha & Larry, Thank you so very much ! coHope I didn't me across as grumpy... Patti and I are just more quiet and reserved. Fun and hoopla is good, just not all the time :). I bookmarked the campground you recommended and we will go there. Thanks again. Also, we live in the Lancaster, PA. area, it's a laid back 'slower' paced area. However, there are many things to do and see here, if we can be of help to you, sing out. T&P

That ship has sailed Tom...:D

I to bookmarked this campground. We have been to Pirate land twice in April with grand kids but this year we will be coming alone and would prefer a quieter campground.

If you want quiet and dont care about the beach but still want to be close to Myrtle Beach-check out WillowTree in Longs SC. Rated in the top 5 in the country.
If you do want the beach then what Sam said....

PSF513

I have got to agree with MrsSouthernNights and SouthernNights (Larry, I promise this has to be a fluke) but Willow Treeis an awesome place to stay. If you really want the beach (ocean), you can be there is 15 minutes or more depending on your particular preference. However, with a pool, hot tub, lake, trails, etc you do not really have to go anywhere if you don't want to. For the ladies, shopping is not that far either.

RollingHome

Larry, I checked out Willow Tree CG, looks like our kind of place. Especially when I saw front and center in big letters "Peaceful". It appeared to have a sand beach around the lake, so that's a big plus. I like the ocean but don't usually swim in it, just walk the beach and relax watching dolphins and sunrises. Except for the dolphins, WT CG seems to have it all. Maybe they will let me put one of those inflatable blow up dolphins in the lake... WT CG would then be equal to ocean CG's !

So, Felix, ya think I'm a grumpy ole man, huh... You're right :) I'm working on that. I've been a little testy because I got tossed for medical reasons. Not working is a big change for me... Oh well, gotta go make some lemonade and play with my toys.

Signed, Oscar Madison

SouthernNights

I hope Sam doesnt find out I am on her thread:D
Tom, the beach at willowtree is great Sand as far out as you can walk. There is also a walk around the lake fro excercise.

Word of caution-if you rely on the campground wi fi, then stay as close to the office as possible. While it is free-it doesnt work that well.

RollingHome

Opps, Larry & Samantha, I didn't even notice you have 2 different monikers MrsSouthernNights and SouthernNights, I'll pay more attention next time. Just to drag out the thread a little more. Here's another reason that going into the ocean is not important to me. My brother in law has a time share in Mytle Beach. Last year, on his last day there, he went into the ocean just over his ankle. Unknowingly he stepped on a sting ray and the thing arched it's tail over and put a deep hole in the top of his foot (metatarsal area). He ended up in the emergency room at a MB hospital. They were familiar with this type injury. Then he came back to PA and the medical folks in PA. don't often treat string ray hits. His foot got infected and he almost lost it. He did loose 3 months of work though. Now he won't go near the ocean... Hence my reluctance.

MrsSouthernNights

Larry is right about Willow Tree, the sites are HUGE! The scenery is awesome, we have camped at Willow Tree several times and even though Mrytle Beach Travel Park is on the beach, Willow Tree has a lake with a beach and pool that is very well maintained, they have a walking trail and the paddle boats are free to use for campers (that's exercise to me!). They have security ride the park several times to make sure all is well. I could go on...but tend to prattle a bit LOL
Very quiet and laid back place!
We did enjoy our stay at Mrytle Beach and finally got to hand out some Heartland cards! Met the owners of the BC and Sundance but never got to talk with the North Trail owners, oh well! There will be other chances!
I can understand your reluctance; we did go in the ocean. the waves were huge, but since I'm not a strong swimmer I tend to stay close to shore. I prefer to swim in a pool where I can see what's in there, fish don't thrill me whilst I'm among them!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sam go in the ocean? Not usually, but you have to admit we had a great time sista!

Attachments

• 100_0964.JPG
    100_0964.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 20

MrsSouthernNights

Sam go in the ocean? Not usually, but you have to admit we had a great time sista!

Cute one Deb! LOL
Just wanted to say that this particular time the ocean was unusually calm for Outer Banks and yea we had a great time! - what this picture fails to show is how close Larry was standing -:)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Larry sure did stay close to make sure you were ok. We were lucky to have such a calm sea that day! Point is we had so much fun laughing for hours!

Attachments

• 100_0963.jpg
    100_0963.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 13