Need campground suggestions for Cleveland, OH

jbeletti

Hi all,

In early May, Nancy and I will be traveling from the Indiana State Chapter Rally in Elkhart to the Northeast Regional Rally in Gettysburg, PA.

We have some extra time between these rallies and want to visit the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame in Cleveland, so we're looking for a campground to stay at. Looking for a full-hookup site. Want to be able to get into Cleveland daily easily.

I used RV Park Reviews.com already and eliminated a couple that had horrible reviews. There is one location that is still on my list.

Anyone ever stayed at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea, OH (map)? Comments?

Anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, we have picked out Clearwater RV Park, in Uniontown, OH (near Akron), for a possible place to stay during our adventures after the National Rally. We have not stayed there, but based on RVparkreviews, it met our criteria: big-rig friendly, pull-throughs, full hook-ups, wifi internet!

We are not experts in the area, but I do a lot of research before I pick a park. It may be too far from where you want to be, but just a thought.

Oh here's a QR code for their info!

qr_clearwater_150.png

jbeletti

Thanks Erika!

QR code? Cool.

Interesting that they didn't include their website URL in the code. But I'm a black belt Googler :)

-----------------

I looked at their site and their location. That's a bit too far south for our visit. Thank you though!

Jim

TXTiger

Jim. I am planning on going there after Gettysburg on the way to the National Rally. I will be staying at Cherry Hill RV Park(after Gettysburg) near Wash DC to attend the Rolling Thunder ride to the VietNam Wall Memorial Day weekend then heading to Cleveland before the National Rally. I have a friend who lives near Akron, which is only about a half hour from Cleveland. I will ask her for info regarding local RV parks and let you know. I will expect a full report on the campground you stay at and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when we meet in Gettysburg.

wino2

There are a few campgrounds in Streetsboro, Oh. The KOA is just outside of town. Streetboro is close to the turnpike, so you can travel to Cleveland, or Akron to see all of the sights.

I grew up in Garrettsville about 15 miles away. So if you have any questions on the area PM me.

Rodbuster

Morning Jim,

Last year, Fran and I stayed at Pier-lon Campground in Medina, Ohio. Very clean, and big rig friendly. We enjoyed the park very much.
It is located southwest of Cleveland.

They have "prayer meetings" twice a week. Jim, might be a good place for you to stay for a month or two.

Dick

SmokeyBare

Bit far is what your going to find in that area Jim. Seems the easiest and closest will be American Wilderness in Grafton Ohio. Link > http://www.americanwildernesscampground.com/ I have stayed there and at the time I was not impressed with the conditions of the park. There sites as well as roads inside the park were large gravel rock. That year it was a very wet spring time... with equally wet areas in the park.... Perhaps today it has been improved... but as of yet no sewers.Might condider Homerville (which will be 57 miles & minutes from Rock & Roll Hall of Fame) Wildwood Lakes RV Campgrounds. Link > http://www.wildwoodlakes.com/This park is now a KOA park and they invested in sewers for the park... no small $$$ undertaking. Beautiful location and not all that difficult to reach either Cleveland or Akron area. We have attended the Cuyhoga County Fair... but have never camped there, in fact didn't really know they used the park for camping when the fair wasn't happening. Good Luck. Marv