Need help with Valve at the city water connection

jpajax

After a visit to a dealer ship it seems that they try ed to blow out the water lines by putting air through the winterizing hose. When I got it home and put antifreeze in through the hose it came out the city connection. When I look the valve was hanging out. Can you push it back in or just get a new one and how does it go in?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing I would do is contact the dealer. Sounds like they used high pressure air that was too much. They may or should replace the valve.
You might be able to push everything back together but may be a problem down the road. Better to replace it now.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So it just pushes in from the outside.
Well sort of... There are retainers that probably are damaged. Cookie's reply pretty much sounds like your best option. Hopefully, you're not too far from the dealer. It's an easy fix and can be done by the average handy guy in about 15 minutes.

jpajax

Thanks was dark last night when I was doing this will get out there and see just what is going on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You'll need to replace the city water inlet assembly (get one with a brass body). Not much to it. Part should be under $30, if you end up DIY.

jpajax

Found it had to take out connection . Found the rubber gasket and retainer snapped it all back together. Thanks and have a Marry Christmas

Boca_Shuffles

Get a male -male adapter and a cap for the city water port. You may find that the next time you use your holding tank pump that this valve will blow out again. This usually happens when the DW uses the toilet at rest stop.

jimtoo

Get a male -male adapter and a cap for the city water port. You may find that the next time you use your holding tank pump that this valve will blow out again. This usually happens when the DW uses the toilet at rest stop.

Sooo,, Tom,,, This has happened to you and your blaming your wonderful wife, Bobbi :angel:, for having to much gas and it's backing up into the water system when she flushes???:( Evidently she does not read what you post:rolleyes:. :):D

Boca_Shuffles

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

We don't normally dry camp, so we are normally on city water. However, when we stop while traveling, we turn on the water pump. If the one way valve is bad, the pressure from the water pump will shoot the one valve out the city water inlet. You don't experience this when you have a hose attached to the inlet while on city water. Since this is not the case when you pressurize while traveling, you might find that you have emptied your fresh water holding tank into your rv's basement. The sign of this happening is the water running out on the ground in the parking lot.

Last edited: