Need shackle information for 2009 Bighorn 3670rl

Jajjaaj

I have a broken shackle. After some research, it seems they are awfully thin for the size trailer they are on. I found a company that makes thicker shackles that don't break and stretch, but they are having a tough time finding the correct P/N for the new set. Based on the info listed on my axle, Heartland said the kit is Lippert part # 146294, but the kit has been discontinued. Don't need the tandems, just the shackles, bolts and bushings. Would like to replace the bushings in the tandems as well. I'm in an RV park at the moment, but travel for work and may need to travel soon and need to have my rig ready to move. I've contacted a few places, but they can't find the coordinating part numbers for my rig. Is there a company that sells the upgraded shackles and bolts? If so, what would the new part number be? EDIT: If you can give insight on part numbers for heavy duty springs, I think I'd rather replace them as well while I have everything apart. Thanks
1711717944628.png

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does your trailer suspending have the Equaflex buffer?
You will need to measure thebolt to bolt distance on your shackles, they come in different sizes.
Here is a link to a shackle kit at Tweetys.com it may not be the correct size for you but you can search for your size.
I don't know if Tweetys.com sells springs but trailer does.

Peace
Dave

Jajjaaj

Does your trailer suspending have the Equaflex buffer?
You will need to measure thebolt to bolt distance on your shackles, they come in different sizes.
Here is a link to a shackle kit at Tweetys.com it may not be the correct size for you but you can search for your size.
I don't know if Tweetys.com sells springs but trailer does.

Peace
Dave
When I measure, do I measure from center to center of the bolt holes?

wdk450

Dexter Brake also makes heavy duty (thick shackles, wet bolt pivots) shackle kits for 5th wheels. The most important measurements to have is your existing shackle hole center to hole center distance, and spring and equalizer bushing hole sizes.
t

Jajjaaj

Dexter Brake also makes heavy duty (thick shackles, wet bolt pivots) shackle kits for 5th wheels. The most important measurements to have is your existing shackle hole center to hole center distance, and spring and equalizer bushing hole sizes.
t
I would have to disassemble the entire thing to get that accurate measurement. I'm currently staying in my RV, and I'd like to avoid removing everything to measure, then putting it all back on while waiting for parts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Guesstimate taking in to account where you think the bolts should be on your worn shackles. If your off by a little bit you will still be able to order the correct size. I think there are only two sizes available for our trailers. I have used both sizes on my trailer. Both worked fine. The only difference I've noticed is the trailer hight changed a bit.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

should be able to order wet bolt kit for whatever pound weight the axles are rated at 7,000 lbs or 8,000 lbs. Is there a tag on the axle itself, that will have the weight on it. I got my wet bolt kit from Morryde for a 7k axle. Also installed CRE3000 equalizers at the same time.