New 2011 3610RE - No Walk Thru - Switch Help, Pretty Please

tempus

Hi - My wife and I recently had our 3610RE delivered from 2100 miles away and the driver didn't know anything about the BH other than how to unhook it. We are trying to figure out what a couple of the switches located inside the cupboard, over the kitchen counter, do. It is the set of 3 switches in the plate to the lower right. The left is a red light which we think is either the Gas heater or Electric. The switch to the far right doesn't seem to do anything - any help sure would be nice. btw - the middle switch of the group is the fan. Sure will be nice to label them:)

Pizzaguy

The left switch with the red light is for water heater on electric. Be sure you go outside inside water heater cover and turn that switch to on first. Then you can use switch inside to turn it on and off. The switch to the far right is for the outside awning recepticle.

ChopperBill

The one that doesn't seem to do anything is probably for the plug in out side for awning lights or what ever gadget you may have. Our 3610RE should be here in a week or two. This is our second Bighorn. Renee and I will go to the dealers and do our own walk through or PDI if you call it that. We don't need or want anyone to go through it with us, don't need to be distracted. We have our own lists, mine is for outside and hers is for inside, and being a seasoned Bighorn RVer we pretty know what we need to look for. At least what is important for us. Things like A/C air flow it's a given that I will do TimK's tent in the vent when I get it home so there is no sense in leaving it for them to do. Day/nights need adjusting. I'll do it later and put a molly behind the adjustment screws. Sure a problem or two may crop up later and if I cant fix it or it requires some one to stick thier hand down the black tank I will take it back for them.:angel:

jimtoo

Hi tempus,

The above information is correct, I think. But the red switch for the water heater, DO NOT TURN IT ON until you are sure the heater is full of water. The element will burn itself out if not submerged in water. Turn you water on and get all the air out of the system first.

Jim M

tempus

Thank you all for your help! What a great Forum:D

Jim - I figured Red was for the water heater and wasn't going to touch it - but it is a mighty important thing for every camper to know - thanks much!