New Bighorn Owner to be

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Today I did it!!!!!!

Well as of now I am the owner of a 2008, Bighorn 3670. After spending 9 hours at the dealer, going over the PDI, and having a new 5th wheel hitch installed I did it.None I unloaded my old trailer into the new one. and I haven't even started to fill the storage, draws, cabinets. I have enough room to last me a long time.

I am leaving out in the AM for a 4 day Civil War weekend and new trailer shakedown.

Wish me luck. this is my first 5th Wheeler.

Ron

jimtoo

Congratulations on the new unit and delivery. I am sure you will enjoy the new floor plan. Have a good time and take notes as you use it.

Winter Fulltiming

I am still looking at buying my 1st 5er. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 manufactures. Either the Big Horn 3670RL (Like the floorplan) or Americana's GS 35/36. My question is this has any one fulltimed in the winter in Northern New England? How did you make out and would you do it again. The reason for me asking this is that I plan on fulltiming it but as I am still working at a job that I love to do I can't just pick up and leave when the winter comes. And Connecticut and Rhode Island is way to expansive to buy a house to live in. And I want the freedom that if I get tired of one campground I can pickup and go somewhere else. Plus going on vaction I just take the house with me.

If I get the Big Horn I will be upgrading my truck to the 08 Ford F450.

Thanks,
Tom Gardner
2002 Ford F250 PSD
2005 Springdale 286RLDS

HappyKayakers

Ron, congrats on the new purchase. I'm sure you'll have plenty of good times in it.
TL, We're fulltiming in a BH 3600, spening this winter in the Texas panhandle. With any luck, this will be our last cold winter in this rig. We really like it, it's just not a 4 season RV.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Just got back from my first Bighorn trip. Everything worked just as it should have. No problems! Becky is in love with our kitchen.

We will be leaving again Feb. 16 for another short trip across the state to Crystal River. You know just to get away!

Ron

jpmorgan37

Welcome to the Heartland family Kashman. Let us know when it comes in and post some pictures of your new 3670. Congratulations.

John

sjrellis

We are anxiously awaiting our 3670, also. Hopefully will be in this week or next! Congrats on your order!!

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Congratulations on joining the Heartland family. I am sure you will not be sorry they are great products!
Enjoy!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rigs folks. We're jealous because ours is at the dealers still being prepared. It came in without the fireplace (DW had to have), electric awning (I had to have) and the #7000 axles/G rated tires (I had to have). The axles/tires are coming in on another rig and the dealer will swap them for ours. My SIL will help with the PDI this weekend and then after the axle swap is complete we will then take possession of the rig. We are really anxious, but will just have to wait until things are right. The rig is a BH 3400RE and the reason we wanted this is because we are tired of horsing the recliners around in order to close the slides.

jbeletti

OP,

Hope all goes well on your upcoming PDI. Wow - a 3400RE. That's an impressive livingroom with that rear entertainment center.

At the Hershey RV show, each morning, I turned on the news on that 42" TV and turned up the heat on the fireplace. It was chilly and the fireplace really helped take the edge off.

Fired up the FP in the Landmark Augusta each morning too. My DW says she doesn't want the FP but it is growing on me a bit.

Take your time on your PDI. Happy camping!!

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, Get the fireplace you will not regret it. I did not want it but Judy wanted it. I was the one to turn it on the other morning in Carlistl, Pa. Sure felt nice.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Fireplace is good investment

Used the fireplace in our BH 3600RL the past Friday and Saturday night. Temps were in low to mid 40's in southeast WI, and the BH was as warm as could be. The only time furnace was on was when we set up and it was chilly inside. Once temp went up furnace went off and fireplace went on. It seems all the heat goes right up to the bedroom. The fireplace was a good investment, and I did not want it either. DW was right again.

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
Pdi

Thanks to all, looking forward to recieving unit. Can anyone advise of a good PDI check list. I've seen the post in the other forum, but the was still defective.

Also I had considered the fireplace but was concerned about the amount of electric it might use. I saw another couple who installed a quick disconnect fitting on their propane line inside the coach and used a portable catalytic heater. They also had a propane light installed. They said it made it easy when boondocking. Any thoughts????

jimtoo

We had the fireplace in our first Bighorn and it was nice and they are pretty, but you loose a lot of storage space. We now use a small tower 1500 watt heater that oscillates, it does just as good as the fireplace and it takes up only about 10 " diameter space and you don't even carry it in the summer. Actually we have not taken ours out all year, it sets in a corner looking lonely behind a recliner. Bought it at, where else, Walmart for about $40.

nhunter

We have the fireplace and use it often. Would not order without. Plus it's bragging rights when you tell people you have a fireplace in 5th wheel.