New here and want to learn about 5th wheel living.....

ebbarn

Hello All,
We have retired and sold our home. We bought 5 acs. about 25 miles south of Lake Tahoe. Home base is about 15 miles south of Gardnerville, NV. We bought a 2011 Heartland 27RLS to travel and live in while we get moving on our new house and barn. Although we are new to 5th wheels we have camped, hunted, towed and trailered over the western US for 32+ years of marriage. We have a 1996 Ford F250 4X4 Power Stroke as our tug.
Since we are new to 5th wheels please bare with me if I ask silly newbie questions.
Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer me.

jimtoo

Hi ebbarn,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

And there are no silly questions, so just ask.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

george637

Welcome to the Heartland club. We're relatively new to the forum. Bought out Bighorn back in July of this year and are loving it. It's very comfortable and we are pleased with the craftsmanship. We plan on retiring in a few years ourselves, selling our home and becoming full time RVers. Good luck with this new adventure! And the others are right, there are no silly questions. We asked a lot of questions when we first got our rig, and we received many helpful responses from this forum.

George & Linda
Along with Patches (Wire-haired fox terrier) & Licorice (Goldendoodle)
2016 Bighorn 3270rs
Bighorn & Silverado.jpg
VisitedStatesMap copy.jpg

BobTheBuilder

We bought our Bighorn in June of this year and love it. I spent 100-200 hours combing through the archives of this forum, making notes when I found something I thought was relative (this is my 3rd time living in a big RV). I made modifications I hadn't planned on, abandoned some of my ideas and solved other problems easily. There is a wealth of knowledge here and it will save you a lot of frustration if you take the time to learn from other members experience.

olcoon

Welcome! We also have a 2011 Elk Ridge 27RLSS & have owned it since it was new. If you have any questions on it, fire away & I'll try to help.

BILLnSAL

Welcome! We (2 adults & 2 children) full timed in our 37' fifth wheel for almost 3 years due to job relocation and building a new home. The only down side was that the park we were in shut the water off in the winter when temps went to a constant 10 to 20 degrees for any length of time because the spigots freeze and break. They warned everyone when it was going off so we just filled our storage tanks for the duration. The unit was very comfortable even with 9" of snow on the ground. Enjoy!