New (hopefully proud) owner

yport

After MUCH research, we just ordered a new 2014 Big Horn, with all options except a generator, including the nice looking partial paint. We researched the Landmarks, Redwoods, Cardinals, Cedar Creeks and Sanibels. We liked all we saw of the Heartland product, including the customer service from their manufacturing plant. From many online reviews it sounds like we won't be sorry.

We will be happy to join the Big Horn Heartland club once we receive it.

4ever

Congratulations! I am sure you will really like your new unit. Hope you have wonderful times with it.

Ted

jbeletti

Congrats yport!

Looking forward to you joining the Owners Club (link). As a member, you will be eligible to join us at the 2014 Northeast Regional Rally in your state of MA. But don't wait that long to show other members your new coach. Join us at a chapter rally near you or in your travels yet this year. Click on Events on the navbar up top or click on the Rally Portal from the navbar up top.

jimtoo

Hi yport,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Now the hardest part of becoming a Heartlander has started.... Waiting,,, Waiting,,,, Waiting. :) But hopefully the time will pass quickly and we hope to see you at a rally.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

happykraut

Congratulations yport on your new BH. Which model did you get? We brought our new BH 3010RE home Fri. Finished installing the Progressive Power Management unit this morning. Don't be without it.

TXTiger

Congratulations. Welcome to the Heartland family. Just wondering why you did not get the generator option?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations! I am sure you will love your Bighorn as much as we do! Safe travels and enjoy!

Rod Ditrich

aatauses

You made a good decision to go with a HL product---great customer service.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

yport

Thanks all ... we ordered the 3685RL. Two Toes ...we did not get the generator as thus far in our RVing (8 years) we haven't really needed one, and I like all the extra storage space. Happykraut ... congrats on your new purchase too and good luck. Will look into the Progressive Management System. Jbeletti ... will indeed join the Owners Club, but it looked like I need to know my VIN# first, thanks.

Anxious to see what we actually get, as talking with the Heartland plant they indicated several small changes they made (not shown in catalogs, nor did the dealer know what they were) which they were helpful in sharing and describing. They have changed the wood cabinetry to chestnut for 2014. We ordered the dual pane windows too, but saw no pics of them so hoping they are pretty much the same size as the single pane ones we saw, and open reasonably wide enough for cross breezes, etc.

Thanks again for the welcoming committee ... and if anyone finds themselves on Cape Cod, give a shout. My fun part-time retirement job is working for the Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center. Now I get paid to tell people where to go !!! :)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks all ... we ordered the 3685RL.

Thanks again for the welcoming committee ... and if anyone finds themselves on Cape Cod, give a shout. My fun part-time retirement job is working for the Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Center. Now I get paid to tell people where to go !!! :)

Welcome to the family and if you love your 3685 as much as we do you will be a very happy guy! We got ours in February and have not looked back since. Absolutely love it!

Now, as far as your offer to tell me where to go..... fire away! Don't know if you have noticed but our 2014 Northeast Region Rally will be held at Boston/Cape Cod KOA. It may just be where you meet some of your new family. Check it out HERE. We visited the area a few weeks ago (for all of about 24 hours) and it is simply beautiful up there. Really hope you will consider joining us for the event and you may offer up any suggestions as far as things to do in the area.

We are looking forward to meeting you so please let us know when your rig arrives. I sent you an email this morning so you can reply with any questions you have either for your new 3685 or the rally. Stay in touch!

I am also new to the forum. I have been a Heartland owner for 6 years, but also just ordered a new Bighorn 3685 with all the options, except generator (I have one in my Cyclone, but haven't needed one either). I ordered mine in mid-May and I just got an update from the dealer that it won't be off the factory line until the end of August, with expected delivery to me in mid-September. That will be about four months from order date and it's killing me.

I live in my RV full-time and am I so anxious to get into the 3685. I have been doing research on every manufacturer and model in the past 18 months and cannot find anything that matches my needs more perfectly, so I finally decided to buy. Tik tok, tik, tok...

jimtoo

Hi gotjackson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yep,, now the hard part...waiting.

Enjoy the forum and if the family can help with anything, just let us know.

Jim M

happykraut

Yport. I joined before I took possession of my last Heartland. Just use all zeros for the VIN and then update it after you take possession.