New Member - Austin, TX

aknavy

Hi, I'm in the process of going to full time Rv'ing next spring. I've been doing research on potential fifth wheels, as that's the direction we're going for a RV. I've got a 2016 F350 SRW for a tow rig. I've been looking at the Big Country and Big Horn fifth wheels, and like the Big Country overall. I also have looked at the Landmark, but it may be a little bit on the heavy side for me. Any advice while shopping for one of these trailers?

danemayer

Hi aknavy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Big Country, Bighorn and Landmark 365 are all great products with full timing warranty coverage. I think many of the Landmark 365s now have a GVWR of 18,000 lbs which would probably overload your single rear wheel truck. You should check the label on the driver's side door frame of the truck to see what maximum load it's rated for. When considering coaches, plan on about 20% of the coach GVWR sitting on the hitch. Add to that the weight of the hitch, bed liner, bed cover, tools, firewood, pets, passengers, and anything else in the truck. Make sure your truck has the payload as well as 5th wheel tow capacity.

All three of these products are made on the same production line, using the same materials. There are some differences in appliances, furniture, and fit and finish. Landmark 365 has standard features that may be optional on the others, and a number of exclusive features.

You can't go wrong with any of the three.