New Owner just signing on

AKDallBH

My wife and I just purchased a 2008 Bighorn 3670rl. We will pick it up next Tuesday in Anchorage. It will be quite the upgrade from our 21' 1978 Skamper 5th wheel! Will be using it to head out this fall and visit our parents in Sequim, WA and Paris, TX. We both have retired this year 9or I will be in August, and are looking forward to the change!

Will be headed down to Summit Lake our first weekend. Hopefully we can find a spot!

Scott and Tina

danemayer

Hi AKDallBH,

Congratulations on your new-to-you Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you may have some questions - feel free to ask.

I'd suggest checking the tires on your rig. If they're the original tires, they're near end of life and should be replaced before starting a long trip - even if there's plenty of tread left.

Sunset4k

Hi Scott and Tina and Welcome!!! Congratulations on your Big Horn purchase. We hope you have many years of happy travels! You will find lots of great folks on this.

Niles

Hey you got our trailer!!!!!!!!! Hope you have as many great times as we have had in ours. We go to camping shows and look at new trailers and always come home thinking, why trade, we're really happy with what we have. So many features in the 3670RL, it's hard to find a comparison. Have fun and enjoy your new trailer.

AKDallBH

Checking the tires was on the list. This rig has sat on a
Dealers lot the last three years. It was preped each summer and winter but the owner never used it due to his work situation. The dealer is one that i have had previous dealings with and has been pretty good. Wihen I webt by yesterday they had it out and were starting to go over it and get it ready.

We are really looking forward to actually getting the rig!

Tina is in Nome right now and doesn't get back until the 30th. It is killing her that I will have two full days with it before she gets home. I have recieved explicit instructions to not even enter or move anuthing into the kitchen!
Scott

jimtoo

Checking the tires was on the list. This rig has sat on a
Dealers lot the last three years. It was preped each summer and winter but the owner never used it due to his work situation. The dealer is one that i have had previous dealings with and has been pretty good. Wihen I webt by yesterday they had it out and were starting to go over it and get it ready.

We are really looking forward to actually getting the rig!

Tina is in Nome right now and doesn't get back until the 30th. It is killing her that I will have two full days with it before she gets home. I have recieved explicit instructions to not even enter or move anuthing into the kitchen!
Scott

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

So,,, if you make more post after the 30th we will assume you followed instructions.... If we never hear from you again on here,,, well,,,we just assume you did not obey the instructions. :)

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Grey Ghost

Welcome Scott and Tina, hope you enjoy your new rig and being able to travel around the countryside. You will find that this forum has a great bunch of people on it and lots of help and advise from some very knowledgeable folks. I agree with checking the tires before you leave on a long trip, those if originals are about at their end of life. Lots of threads regarding tires and which are best and which to stay away from on this forum. I would HIGHLY recommend staying way from TowMax tires, they are really bad! Before leaving on a long trip I would also make sure you batteries are in fine shape, all wheel bearings have been checked and re-packed, all water fixtures work fine along with the AC unit, the furnace, frig, micro-wave, TV and all those waste release values for sure. Sure do not want to get any of those things fixed on the road unless you really must! Have fun out there, enjoy your new rig and most of all be safe out there! :cool:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Family Scott and Tina!! Hopefully when you come down to Sequim you can join us for a rally and meet some other Hearlanders. We have the Washington Rally in Spokane this year July 25th through the 27th and would love it if you guys could join us!! Oregon's chapter rally is in Coos Bay (North Bend) on July 11 through the 13th. Hope to see you soon!

Rod Ditrich

AKDallBH

We won't be leaving Alaska until the first two weeks in September. We are entered into the Denali Park Road Lottery, and if we win a slot in that we will do that Sept 12-15, then keep on headed out. If not we will likely head to Denali for Labor Day and then head out a little earlier. Unfortunately, I don't retire until August 15th....but it is getting darn close!

We would love to hit some of the rally's, that is in the future plans!

Scott

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Lucky you!!! The wife and I are still a few years from retiring. Well have a great summer and hopefully next year or sometime soon we can meet at a rally or camp out. The wife and I camp at Diamond Pointe in Sequim a few times each year, so who knows.

Rod Ditrich