New owner of 2021 22CRB

We are starting a new adventure in life. My recent purchase of my first RV has me excited and desiring information which is not well documented in what I have found so far. Let me start here, if I may...

I have 3 water ports. The fresh tank fill is on the entrance side and identified. The city water is on the back and identified. Below the city water is another port to connect a water hose. What is that for? It is not identified and I can't find anything on it in the manual. I did connect a water hose to is and it was very restrictive on water in. I thought that was the water fill at first. I stopped quickly as it didn't seem to be filling my water reserve.

I also am wondering what my monitor panel is telling me. The fresh water went up after filling it maybe half way in the drive at the port on the entry side. Black shows full (the way I bought it !), grey shows empty and galley shows full.

I have 2 grey holdings, one rear left (behind the slide out) with waste on the same exit port with 2 handles and labeled grey 1 and waste. I have another holding tank port on the left side in front of the slide not labeled, but understand it to be grey from the sink, all good. I emptied maybe a gallon from that port into my side yard mulched. I am thinking it is grey which shows empty. I checked and emptied maybe 3 gallons from the grey 1 port with water still in it but the galley didn't go down. I may need to empty more to see if the level goes down. I didn't want to empty too much to ensure I have enough grey to flust the black out of the hose. I have been watching a lot of videos to educate myself on RV'ing...

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,
Mike

Attachments

• Water connections.jpg
    Water connections.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Gauge.jpg
    Gauge.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Bogie

Mike,

The water connection under the fresh water connection should be the black tank flush connection. Used to flush out the tank after emptying.

The tank indicators, while helpful, are notoriously inaccurate. Residue and moisture in the black and gray tanks can give incorrect readings. Especially on emptying. Just keep an eye on things on your first few trips. You will get a feel for it rather quickly.

When you are in campsites with full hookups, you can leave the gray tank valves open if you wish. The black tank should never be left open and only opened when dumping.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Bogie

Very helpful, my son looked up and mentioned that as a possibility. Whew. Great to know for sure!

I’m trying to educate myself on all that I can so I don’t have costly “incidents”.

Thanks again,
Mike