New Pull Through Parking Pad for Cyclone

scottyb

Would have been nice if my RV Hut had a storage building attached like Georgia Biker. However, it wasn't, so I've been busy over the holidays and I decided to expand my current well house to accomplish my storage needs. I started the week of Christmas. I had anticipated this and poured a slab extension for it a few years back. I had been storing firewood and other things on the slab. When I cleaned it off and power washed it, it was dated 12/29/1999. I guess I tend to plan a little ahead. I tried to match colors with the RV Hut. Still need to paint the garage door. Next weekend is reserved for wiring. BTW, DW has been right in the middle of this and has been very helpful with everything, especially the painting. We installed the metal roof and just finished painting the outside a couple hours ago.

Attachments

• IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0437.jpg
    IMAG0437.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0447.jpg
    IMAG0447.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0463.jpg
    IMAG0463.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 122

scottyb

Thanks. Maybe I can reclaim my garage now, on both my house and my toy hauler. Although, I have created a lot more work for myself. My last 3 projects all still require electrical work. Besides wiring the storage building, I still need to set the 50A RV pedestal and install lighting and a few receptacles on the RV Carport. I also installed a 2500 gal water storage tank and booster pump at my front water well late last summer. I am using extension cords everywhere. :eek:

scottyb

I got my RV panel mounted and wired today. I purchased a direct bury pedestal, but after scratching my head for an hour, I decided to remove the panel from the pedestal and mount it on the structural beam of the building. No more having to use 90' of power cord stretched out along the driveway to get to 30A service on the side of my house. I can use a 10' extension now. We have 50A, 30A, and 20A service now. I am going to use the 20A breaker to run my lighting (next project) and the one power outlet.

Attachments

• IMAG0550.jpg
    IMAG0550.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0551.jpg
    IMAG0551.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 67

DonnyB007

Really nice setup for your trailer now!

Last year we camped at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park just outside of Thunder Bay. The electrical outlet was 80 feet from our trailer. It was the May long weekend and it was pretty chilly out so I ran out electrical heater. I was worried that the long extension cord would not be powerful enough, but it did work well.

On a side note though, the area flooded and I woke up early to do go for a walk and met the Ranger. He said to leave right now before the road to the park washed out. I packed and left within 30 minutes. We passed over an area where the water was running one foot deep already over the road. LAYER we heard that that spot washed out just 1 hour after we passed by it and the hole was 30 feet deep and 20 feet wide! The campers were stranded at the park for 5 days before they were able to get the road fixed again.

Anyway, just love your trailer and garage setup now - great job!

scottyb

Thank you Don. I had to look up Sleeping Giant. I'm not familiar with that part of the world. Never been to Lake Superior. Door County, WI is about as close as we have been. Looks like a beautiful part of the world. I suppose this was during those devastating floods in Canada last year?

I carry an extra 50' power cord that I made out of 6-4 SO cable. I never know what my electrical needs will be at some of our race venues from one year to the next. Combined with the 40' cable on the coach, it is on the outer limits for length of 50A service with #6 conductors. However I don't think either leg ever uses more than 25-30A or the generator wouldn't carry everything. The EMS has never showed any voltage drop with both AC's running while using the 90'.

DonnyB007

Yes, it is sure worth paying the extra for those thick wired extension cords to handle "those days."

Happy travels my friend.

scottyb

I found what appears to be a nice company for electrical and lighting needs. If you aren't already familiar with them, they are Electrical Markeplace . They were very helpful and knowledgeable on Live Chat, and have a A+ BBB rating. The fixtures have a 5 year warranty, which I think is better than most. I just received a shipping notice, which met their date, and will follow-up after receiving them. The fixtures can be configured with different options like occupancy sensors etc. I thought their pricing was very good, based on what I was finding at the big box stores, and none of them had high bay lighting in stock. I just wish they were going to be here for the weekend. Oh well, I guess I will just have to relax and enjoy all the Superbowl Hype.