New to the Bighorn!

Mjgebe

MY wife and i just signed the papers on a 2016 3750fl. WE are trading up from a 2013 Northtrail. anything I need to be looking and must have's to carry with a fifth wheel?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations. I know you are excited. If you already have the Northtrail equipped for camping you are mostly there. The only thing I would think you might need is a 50 to 30 amp adapter since the Horn is 50amp and you may need to hookup to 30 amp.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats!! Great floorplan. All we need is to get rid of some of this snow and start camping.

Enjoy and and safe travels!!

jbeletti

Congrats on the Bighorn and thank you for buying your second Heartland product.

Couple of nice add-ons you might want to consider at some point are:
- RVLock
- RV Snap Pads

Both companies are great partners with our club and offer special deals from time to time.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on your new Bighorn!! How exciting!! Enjoy

Rod

MY wife and i just signed the papers on a 2016 3750fl. WE are trading up from a 2013 Northtrail. anything I need to be looking and must have's to carry with a fifth wheel?

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Congrad. I know you will enjoy your 3750. We bought our Bighorn 3750 during the National Heartland Rally 2015. We are very proud of this unit. this floor plan to us makes us feel very much at home in this unit. The only thing we did change was we kept our old mattress from our past Bighorn 3400, it had rounded corners and was a bit shorter, which made it a bit easyer to mover around in the bed room.

Mjgebe

Yes. We bought it at Brooks RV's. The staff at brooks are very knowledgeable with the bighorn product. We got started camping just by driving by his dealership two years ago and stopping to look at the rv's. I did not know what I was missing all these years. The family and I go camping almost every weekend in the summer. I can not wait till spring.

Mjgebe

Yes. We bought it at Brooks RV's. The staff at brooks are very knowledgeable with the bighorn product. We got started camping just by driving by his dealership two years ago and stopping to look at the rv's. I did not know what I was missing all these years. The family and I go camping almost every weekend in the summer. I can not wait till spring.

My Son and I slept in it over the weekend. Love the Heated Chairs and Fireplace.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Planning a trip to Rivers Edge KOA just outside Connelsville. Nice little campground.

Aussiecat

Congratulations on your new 5er, my wife and I are in the early stages of planning for fulltiming in our retirement and we had considered the Landmark Arlington which was out of budget, when we found the 3875 which fits the bill. We love the forum, however the problems that owners are reporting tends to make us a little nervous, we had anticipated that these higher priced units would have better build quality. We're not new to rving with a number of travel trailers. Is choosing a unit a crap shoot, hoping that we get a less problematic unit and we get a dealer that has integrity. We're in Florida and it looks like Camping World carries this model.

NTXNEWBIES

We take delivery of our new 2016 3875FB March 11 and very excited! Cannot wait to get camping again after dry spell when we sold our Tiffin Allegro RED. Any feedback from you guys or advice? We purchased from Explore USA RV in Denton, TX.

Alan_B

We take delivery of our new 2016 3875FB March 11 and very excited! Cannot wait to get camping again after dry spell when we sold our Tiffin Allegro RED. Any feedback from you guys or advice? We purchased from Explore USA RV in Denton, TX.

I'm just curious, what factors led you back to a fifth wheel after the diesel motorhome?

Thanks

NTXNEWBIES

I'm just curious, what factors led you back to a fifth wheel after the diesel motorhome?

Thanks

Basically we found it sitting too much compared to the use time we were getting out of it. In addition we were going to need to get it set up for a TOAD as well.
For us it made more sense for the long run and eventual retirement full timing in a fifth wheel both financially and ease of use.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on the new coach! I would make sure you spend a good solid day on The PDI, making sure everything works to your satisfaction, and do not let them rush you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussiecat

The ideal way would be to say when they're rushing you is "OK we will come back when you can provide the time necessary to do the PDI properly and to my satisfaction". No money until your satisfied and everything has been taken care of to your satisfaction. This is one case where money talks.

sgtbigb

I have a 3750 FL and it's the best floor plan 5th wheel we ever had. Love it. So far only very minor issues.