Newest member to the Tow Max blow out club

Bksvo

I have been patiently waiting for Dyanmic tire to get back with me about my blowout, but it has been 3 weeks and I'm running out of patience. That tire did $2700 of damage to the camper, plus the $1200 for new tires. I didn't want to make an insurance claim, but might have to go that way to get the ball rolling and get the camper fixed. I tried to do everything right with this rig -- TPMS, tires balanced, etc, but non of that will overcome a defective tire.

I did put my 2 tire problems into the NTSB database. I wish Heartland would step up on this and intervene on behalf of the owners (much like Ford did with Firestone a few years back) instead of leaving us to the mercy of Dynamic, whose interest may be in denying claims and hiding the problem, instead of fixing it.

danemayer

I have been patiently waiting for Dyanmic tire to get back with me about my blowout

Hi Brian, I don't see Tow Max on the Dynamic website. Is Dynamic the parent company for some brand other than Tow Max?

Bksvo

Yes, Dynamic is a Canadian company and the manufacturer of the Towmax tire. Treddit is the US distributer.

Now, I don't see these listed on their website, either (maybe they aren't so proud of them). It could be they are the importer into North America. I dealt with Treddit on my first blowout that didn't do any damage. As soon as they heard there was damage on this one, they referred it to Dynamic. Dyanmic was initially responsive, and had UPS collect my tire so they could look at it. Haven't heard a thing from them in 3 weeks now.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes, Dynamic is a Canadian company and the manufacturer of the Towmax tire. Treddit is the US distributer.

Now, I don't see these listed on their website, either (maybe they aren't so proud of them). It could be they are the importer into North America. I dealt with Treddit on my first blowout that didn't do any damage. As soon as they heard there was damage on this one, they referred it to Dynamic. Dyanmic was initially responsive, and had UPS collect my tire so they could look at it. Haven't heard a thing from them in 3 weeks now.

Not to defend them, nor do I have any affiliation with them, but if they gave you a claim number or such, it might be better if you called reminded them. Even in the best customer service operations, "stuff happens" and it falls through the cracks. Just saying...sometimes ya gotta be the squeaky wheel.

Bksvo

I've been in touch, after waiting 2 weeks for them to get through their evaluation. Was told to wait for the letter. Left another message today.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe the TowMax is manufactured by TBC Brands? Or are they another middleman? They are whom I've dealt with for our issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I believe the TowMax is manufactured by TBC Brands? Or are they another middleman? They are whom I've dealt with for our issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynamic is the Towmax manufacturer and TBC is the US distributor. This becomes very apparent after a blow out with trailer damage.

Sent from my iPaddle yo Sister using TapaDat

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I just got off of the phone with Heartland. They have approved all of the repairs for the damage created by the blown tire. Hopefully if all goes well they should have all of the parts by the end of next week to repair the trailer.

I kind of feel like a Arse but Brandon at HL is the fellow that I spoke to about week or so ago and they have been working on the issues from his end since then. He just had not kept me in the loop. So all is good or we are at least moving in a positive direction.

Still have the GVWR sticker to sort out. But other then that I am feeling alot better today

Brandon Fish at Heartland has been working on my case and has made things happen.

Happy days

Bksvo

Just to confirm -- Heartland agreed to fix the damage because they agree the axles were improperly installed on your rig, or just because they installed crappy tires.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Just to confirm -- Heartland agreed to fix the damage because they agree the axles were improperly installed on your rig, or just because they installed crappy tires.

Because of the axles. I wish I could say it is because of the tires but it is not.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Got a email from Heartland. They are on the ball. Just a few days ago they approved all of the repairs from the blow out and today all of the parts are shipping out to Camping World.

Also, they mailed the new VIN sticker to the dealer to replaced my current one. The current GVWR is 14k and the new sticker the GVWR is 16k.