No heat pump ,

Dunnrite

Hello , I’ll start with I’m new too this unit,I have a 2016 ,landmark key west , brand new, got systems pretty much down ,heat pump ,was working fine, yesterday,got up around 12 midnight no heat pump, & e7 error code , checked, breaker panel,all good ,checked fuse ,good also, don’t know if playing with tsat in bedroom has anything to do with this, also I’m confused about the zones , how do the zones in this coach work,living room ,bathroom, bedroom, 1,2,3,4,5,,etc, any help would be appreciated,thanx

danemayer

Hi Dunnrite,

Your thermostats have features, like zone controls, that I don't believe Heartland has ever wired for use. Instead, there is a separate thermostat for each air conditioner. Zones 2,3,4 are not in play.

If some or all of your air conditioners are actually heat pumps (as opposed to A/C units with heat strips), the thermostat for that air conditioner can be used to generate heat (or cooling) from the heat pump by way of setting that thermostat properly.

However, heat pumps in RVs only work to around 30 (F) degrees ambient outside temperature and then I think they shut off.

One of your thermostats, possibly the bedroom, also controls your gas furnace. If using the heat pump on that unit, when the heat pump shuts down around 30 (F), "auxiliary heat" from the gas furnace should start automatically. But the furnace operation is not controlled by the other thermostats.

So if you're expecting cooler temps, you'll want to set the thermostat that controls the furnace so when the heat pump shuts off, the furnace starts up.

Btw, do you really have a "brand new" 2016 model? If you're the first owner of a trailer that's been on a dealer lot for 3-4 years, you should immediately go over all the caulking and sealants all around the trailer. Dealers rarely follow the scheduled maintenance requirements for trailers sitting on their lots and caulking/sealants are supposed to be checked and maintained several times per year.