no power 12v or 110 on my pinehurst 2009 landmark..PINEHURST

landmark pinehurst 2009 lost shore power

would like to know if i need a new converter..bill knight helped me last year with 12 and 120 volt loss..got twelve volt working with battery charger but 120 will not work.could hear pop when plugged in..checked ats and it seemed to trigger.checked voltage and had 120 to l1 l2 and 120 on common which could not figure out..would appreciate some help.going to go use it in a couple of weeks and wondering if i need to buy a new converter .it is a progressive 9100 series and camping world has them on sale for 279,thanks for your help..
wendell
fatherheart3

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: landmark pinehurst 2009 lost shore power

If you are not getting 120 volts, it has nothing to do with the converter.
You mentioned that the ATS seems to trigger, but you will need to check if you have 120 going in and 120 coming out.
There have been several people that have had problems with the ATS. I would start there.
Are you tripping any breakers?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

FatherHeart3,

I've merged this new thread with the earlier thread you started. Let me suggest again that you call a licensed electrician to check your power source and the transfer switch and other components in your trailer.

Learning how to work on a 50 amp circuit by asking questions on a forum could result in injury or damage to your trailer.

We also have a 2009 Pinehurst. Was having power issues this summer. Turned out it was a faulty neg ground in power cord. I replaced power cord and all is fine, except microwave was blown.
I found 50' cord on Amazon for reasonable price. Maybe it was a 50' ext cord, I cut one end off to hard wire into power cord reel.

wdk450

Fatherheart
If you have 120 volts on common (aka white or neutral) you most likely have an open circuit in the neutral wiring, just as the other poster suggested. I am starting off assuming that your power source reads correctly - 50 amp source would read 120 volts from L1 to ground, 120 volts to neutral; L2 the same readings, neutral to ground should be 0 volts to ground (ideally). With a 30 amp circuit (or 15 - 20 amp circuit), L1 and L2 are tied together in the adapter and should read 120 volts to ground.
If you have 120 volts from neutral to ground, what is happening is that the 120 volts is conducted from one of the L (aka Live) feeds THROUGH a load device (like the power converter) and is present on the neutral wire which is not connected to the source plug somewhere. IF the neutral wire WAS connected to the source plug, the neutral wire would be at a low voltage due to the connection between neutral and ground at the power source bonding point (Utility inlet box on home services) and NOT 120 volts.

What you need to do now is measure or substitute to find the faulty point in your setup. If you can borrow another 50 amp connection cable, do it. If you can't, see if you can check the neutral wiring in the cable with an ohmmeter. If you are using adapters in your feed connection, see if you can substitute those out. Otherwise you can check them with an ohmmeter. Hopefully the problem isn't inside your rig. The most likely suspect here (excluding a neutral wire being disconnected) would be the transfer switch.