Norcold 1210 fridge

rhodies1

My Norcold 1210 fridge is acting up,looking for ideas.
Freezer is fine
Fans are operating
No clogged vents
Changed thermister
Completed a diagnostic test..no errors
I felt the cooling unit and the 2 bottom coils are hot and coils above this area is only lukewarm,
Both 110 and 12 v heating elements are working,

My issue is fridge will only go down to 40 degrees. No difference on 110 or Propane,,,,same temp

Help

Hollandt

My Norcold 1210 fridge is acting up,looking for ideas.
Freezer is fine
Fans are operating
No clogged vents
Changed thermister
Completed a diagnostic test..no errors
I felt the cooling unit and the 2 bottom coils are hot and coils above this area is only lukewarm,
Both 110 and 12 v heating elements are working,

My issue is fridge will only go down to 40 degrees. No difference on 110 or Propane,,,,same temp

Help
If the freezer is actually fine in temp then the issue is probably leakage around the door seal, excessive heat around the unit, or excessive opening of the fridge part. My understanding is the freezers have no control and if the fridge temp is equal to the set temp then the freezer could then get warm. Sounds as if the unit is running but unable to meet temp in the fridge. Based on my experience with Dometic units the fridge will run about 32 and the freezer about 6 to 10 degrees F.

wdk450

What is the daytime outside temperature where you are? These refrigs do not do well in temperatures over 90 degrees. This is one of the big reasons the RV manufacturers and RV owners have been switching over to "residential-type" refrigerators with battery powered inverters to power them.

Is your refrigerator in a slideout? The refrig mfr does not recommend this, and they work less well that way.

Take off the outside vent cover(s). Is there a lot of dead air (uninsulated) space to the sides and above (top) of your refrig? You need to stuff these spaces with fiberglass batting insulation to help keep your cold box cold.

Have you looked into auxiliary fans for the vent (outside cooling unit) and interior of the refrigerator? Check out the add-ons here: https://rvcoolingunit.com/-Cooling-Performance-Fans-items-C320215.aspx?sid=298

Good luck to you with this, and God bless!

rhodies1

Yes did all these …I have 4 fans on the fridge, no open space around fridge,, freezer is working fine, Keeps things frozen Fin temp based on thermistor at diagnosis mode is 30 f degrees, I put a thermometer inside fridge and it reads 40 f.
I just changed the baffle at top vent to less opening in order to create a more chimney effect.
Outside temp here in Nova Scotia us about 80 degrees.

rhodies1

Appreciate your feedback I’m looking for all suggestions I can get. I also checked both heaters in stack and they are working .
I contacted Norcold yesterday but was on hold for 49 mins snd no contact, finally left s phone number tor them to call me. Still waiting… not great customer service

rhodies1

Fridge always worked great until the past couple of weeks.no sign of ammonia leak either. Cooling unit looks new

Roller4tan

Perhaps food placement has obstructed air flow inside the unit. Move things around and check. Also there are interior fans available to distribute the air better. As said above door seals need to be tight enough to show drag on a dollar bill when pulled out.
IMHO

rhodies1

I’m really suspecting a partially blocked cooling unit. Talked to a tech today and brought him up to speed about all the things I tried and how fridge is working. He’s feels very certain it’s a cooling unit issue. I m heading out for 5 weeks so maybe I’ll get lucky and the blockage will free itself. Lol