Norcold Polar MaxTM18 Refrigerator

Sweenja1

Last fall at the National RV Trade Show, Norcold released the news of the Polar MaxTM18 refrigerator. This is a large 18 cubic foot RV refrigerator made to compete with the big residential models. I know the new Montana's hitting dealer lots have them. Does anyone know if the new Heartland Bighorn will have these as an option? Looking to order a new 3685 RL however the dealer is unaware if this is an option.

danemayer

Hi Sweenja1,

The factory ran a poll of owners a month or two ago with respect to using an 18 cubic foot electric/propane fridge. The context was about whether using a larger model would let them eliminate the 22 cu foot residential refrigerator option on some models. That leads me to believe that the Bighorn may start shipping with the 18 cu foot fridge in the near future. As this is the time of year for model year changes, I'd guess it's likely to be on 2016 models. Sometimes changes like this are phased in, so it may not be on day 1 for all 2016s.

But I'm just giving you my guess. To get a more specific answer, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective Bighorn customer and speak with the Bighorn management team.

AAdams

The build sheet located here shows that the 'King of the Mountain package' which is a forced option on the Bighorn includes the 18 cu ft refer.

jbeletti

Thank you. We did order a 3760EL and it does come with the 18.3 cubic foot refrigerator.

Congrats on your order.

For those tracking this thread, for the 2016 model year, the Bighorn, Big Country, Cyclone and Road Warrior will come standard with the new larger Norcold 2-way refer. The residential refer will be an option in all 4 brands.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The build sheet located here shows that the 'King of the Mountain package' which is a forced option on the Bighorn includes the 18 cu ft refer.

I also saw this when pencilling out the MSRP of a new BH. Also glad the propane option is available. Thanks HL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk