North Trail - Axle

Altmeier2

We have a 2013 NorthTrail-We noticed the rear tires wearing down on the inside of our camper- thought it was odd. We discussed the issue with a dealer and they stated that it could be a broken axle, has anyone else ever heard or had this kind of issue??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your dealer stated that it could be a broken axle I would look for another dealer. If the axle was broken you would have more of an issue than worn tires.
You may however have a bent axle.
Take a look at the axles, they should have a slight upward arch. If they are flat or bowed down then they should be replaced.
When you are hitched up is your trailer level?

Peace
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Manzan

I had this problem with my 2011 21fbs when it was new and it was a bent axle. Dealer replaced it, noticed that the same thing was happening on the other axle and replaced it also. No wear problems since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altmeier2

We have been advised that the axle on our camper is bent.... Heartland and Lippert will not help us out... Just upsetting....

rhodies1

Unfortunate that you will receive no help but they base that on your units age.You can have this axle re arched at a truck repair shop or replaced .If replacing,I would have a heavier axle installed,also I would ask Lippert for a price and ask them for a reduced price as it is one of their axles .

danemayer

We have been advised that the axle on our camper is bent.... Heartland and Lippert will not help us out... Just upsetting....

Warranty is about manufacturing defects, and there are different kinds of bent axles.

If 'bent' means it no longer has an arch, that could be a manufacturing defect. Lippert and Dexter warrant their axles and both have in the past helped on that type of problem, even after the warranty has expired. If that's your situation, you might call Lippert back and discuss it again.

But there's also the situation where 'bent' means one end is bent. That's not typically a manufacturing defect, but rather is likely to have been from hitting a curb, or perhaps a bad road/bridge joint, or some other road hazard.