North Trails at Rallies

ZNK

I just returned from the pacific regional rally and had a blast! There were 38 rigs, most of which were Big Horn with a few Landmarks, Greystones, Elk Ridges, and a Sundance. I was glad that we were not the only North Trail there, Manzan was also there. I think that all of us owning North Trails should work to also have a strong presence at rallies. They are not only for the "big" rigs! All of us can enjoy. I am curious as to how many of us discussing North Trails are interested in attending rallies? Is it less common for North Trails to participate?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I remember there being a North Trail or two at the Tampa Rally last winter. Sadly, I can't remember who they were though. :eek:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
In 5 days we will be heading to our 7th Heartland rally. 2 North Trails out of 38, Thats pretty good. I'd say 5 of the rallies we were at, we were the only North Trail. We were at the the Goshen rally in Indiana, I think there was a total of 218 Heartland Rigs, with a whopping 6 North Trails. It's always great to see another one sitting in a campground. I do not know why there is not more North Trail presence at the rallies. They are alot of fun, relaxing and they give us an excuse to go to places we would not normally go to. Most important, we have met some of the nicest people you'll ever come across. We plan our vacations around these rallies and can't wait to GO!!!

Hope to See some North Trails soon
Jamie

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
By the Way, We might be the only Heartlanders that went to a Rally with a North Trail and came home with a different North Trail. What a great time!

pegmikef

We go when we can and always have a great time and more often than not there has been a North Trail or its cousin a North Country at the rally. One thing I have noticed though is the style of camping in a lot of instances is a little different between TTs and the bigger rigs (partly because of size). We stay in a lot of state parks, national forests, and COE parks. With the exception of the COE parks, the bigger rigs are really outnumbered by the TTs and Popups whereas in the RV Resorts and private campgrounds, the reverse is true.

ZNK

Wow! I am glad to know there are other North Trail enthusiasts out there who enjoy rallies! I am hoping to see some of you soon!

Manzan

Zack, it was a real pleasure to meet you at the Canyonville rally. In Gillette we were one of I think 4 NTs. Three like mine and a larger one from Canada. There was a new 21 FBS from the Vancouver, CA area that attended the Washington State rally three weeks ago so there are a few of us. Interesting being sandwiched between all those Big Horns.

PeternLiane

We plan on going to our state rally this year. We'll probably be the NT there too. The rally is three nights but I have to work on that Friday so we'll go for 2 nights.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
At the rally's it is not how many of what is there. It is the family of HEARTLAND. If I am at a campground and find a Noth Trail or North Country or what ever I go up and try to visit. Right Rick & Natilie (copcarguy)?

If your in a Heartland and you see my Bighorn please come by and say Hello. Also when I pass a Heartland Rig on the road I always flash my headlights, wave, holler and honk my horn. Well flash headlights at least. :D

BC

ZNK

I am hoping to be able to see you at another rally! It was a pleasure from my end as well. I look to hope to be able to be a NT at another large rally, hopefully a Goshen rally at some point.

Zack, it was a real pleasure to meet you at the Canyonville rally. In Gillette we were one of I think 4 NTs. Three like mine and a larger one from Canada. There was a new 21 FBS from the Vancouver, CA area that attended the Washington State rally three weeks ago so there are a few of us. Interesting being sandwiched between all those Big Horns.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I think it may be that word just needs to get out! Keep spreading the word. Of the 4 rally's we've been at 3 of them had a North Trail presence. It might be also be that North Trail has a younger market too that aren't quite as interested or have as much time to be able to attend rally's.

ZNK

See it is just that idea that I would like to dismiss. You dont have to have a lot of time to do rally's. Simply attending 2 nights will still allow you to have a great time! But the age group that typically buys NT's may have an effect.

I think it may be that word just needs to get out! Keep spreading the word. Of the 4 rally's we've been at 3 of them had a North Trail presence. It might be also be that North Trail has a younger market too that aren't quite as interested or have as much time to be able to attend rally's.

Nathan

If the NT rallies were at the repair shop for all of the items wrong with my trailer then we would be there too. Sadly, we are paying for a new (2012) rig which needs to be just about completely overhauled. Has spent numerous dates in the "shop" for serious safety, working and cosmetic issues.

ZNK

Sorry for your bad luck. Just keep in mind the thousands of items that come together to make a rig. Issues are most likely going to come up. Hopefully you are within your warranty period and the rig will be better than it was when you picked it up.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

You pretty much hit the nail on the head for me regarding rallys. I am interested but two of the rallys that are remotely close to me are both this fall and the Kids just started back in school this week, so I know we will not get the kids out of school just to attend the rallys.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
You pretty much hit the nail on the head for me regarding rallys. I am interested but two of the rallys that are remotely close to me are both this fall and the Kids just started back in school this week, so I know we will not get the kids out of school just to attend the rallys.

In case you didn't see it, here is a link you may want to keep en eye on for next year.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/32683-Iowa-Rally-2013

Nathan

@znk. I hope so. If, not I will be sure to make my own thread and discuss how my NT owning experience has been thus far (in intimate detail). But the long and the short of it is, 2 bad axles, bad outside kitchen door, front wall needs to be replaced, bad lp detector, bad propane heater, electric portion of the water heater does not work, cabinets keep breaking, tv's are snowy (probably a bad splitter some where). There is other stuff, but I will reserve that all for my own thread should I get the unit back "broken" again.

APT

I stayed at Duck Creek this past weekend. Camped next to a NT 29BUDS who is seasonal there and had a 21FBS prior to that. I also saw a 32BUDS and my wife saw one more I missed.

ZNK

@znk. I hope so. If, not I will be sure to make my own thread and discuss how my NT owning experience has been thus far (in intimate detail). But the long and the short of it is, 2 bad axles, bad outside kitchen door, front wall needs to be replaced, bad lp detector, bad propane heater, electric portion of the water heater does not work, cabinets keep breaking, tv's are snowy (probably a bad splitter some where). There is other stuff, but I will reserve that all for my own thread should I get the unit back "broken" again.

Nathan,

I just fixed my TV reception the other day. You will need to check all of the coaxial connections. Start right behind the TV, that is where mine was bad, there was still plastic on the copper wire on the coaxial cable. Make sure the copper wire does not extend further than the connector. This is a good start. As you go maybe we can all chip in to make your experience a bit better.

Zack