Northbound Today

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We're leaving for Wisconsin this morning after breakfast. Leaving the Bighorn behind for the summer. We'll miss our adventures this summer but we'll enjoy a break too.
We met a few fellow Heartlanders and some of their friends last night. Dinner at Cracker Barrel with Bobby A and Wesley67. A really nice bunch of folks. I'm glad we finally got to meet. Next winter will be all that much more enjoyable knowing other Heartland owners close by.

jbeletti

Wow Ray - I'm jealous of you having a meal with Bobby/Lisa and Wes/Katrina. Really great people!

You and Lin travel safe and we hope to make it to the WI rally to see you guys as you day trip in.

Jim

Speedy

Ray,

We'll be Southbound tomorrow but we're taking the scenic route so we won't be able to wave at you as we pass. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you at the WI rally!

John

CliffP

Have a safe trip Ray and Lin. Hope to see you sometime this summer at a rally or near your "summer home".

Cliff and Mindy

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks for all the good wishes. We Took 19 north for quite a ways and I was really surprised the farther north we went. I thought we were in WI. already. Beautiful Country!!!
We made it to just south of Atlanta after a traffic nightmare on 75. About 7 miles of back-up due to 3 lanes into 2 at Mile 104. I found a back road that saved some time but got caught up in a northbound gapers block from an accident on the southbound side. The all clear came in around Mile 122.
Anyway, we're holed up in a motel for an early start tomorrow. G'nite everyone!;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Have a safe trip, Ray. Is this now your mode of operation, to leave the trailer down south and go back to it in the winter? We got to meet Bobby A back in 2010 when we met for lunch in Grayling while he was visiting folks a little further south and we were in Indian River. Another good guy.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ray,
Sam and I wish you and Lin a safe trip back home. I bet it seems odd not having the BH with you.

Didn't this trip start with a delivery??? :D Thanks again.

jayc

Legendary Member
Have a safe trip. We're gonna miss you and Lin at the rally in a couple of weeks.

Birchwood

Have a nice trip home and it was great to meet you and other Heartland owners at the Tampa show.
Its to early for us to head north so we are leaving also this morning for Miami.

Ray LeTourneau

We made it home (WI) Monday evening. We saw many Heartland products southbound in IL being pulled by Hauling companies. It's good to see the industry is doing well so far. We did see one HOC member getting on I57 as we were going north but I'll be danged if I can remember where it was. IL for sure and in the southern part. The tow rig was a White Ford with graphics. There was also a nice Landmark set up on one of those little roadside ponds along the interstate. It was just south of Minonk. Several other RV's around the same pond. "Party Central"
Also noticed a Redwood on the side of the road with a blown Right rear tire. This rig had a motorcycle rack on the rear and the bike wasn't that small. Kind of explains the tire issue. Anyway, safe & sound, and probably will regret leaving the rig in FL after a few weeks.