NT 28BRS Cover and the Arizona sun

Greeting All-

My wife and I just recently purchased a new NT 28BRS and I'm looking for a cover to protect the unit from the brutal summer sun here. Can anyone make a recommendation on a good cover brand? There seems to be a myriad of manufacturers and materials- and as a newbie, I want to make sure I'm not only getting a good deal, but the right product.

I guess another valid question would be: Do I really need a cover at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Dread

pegmikef

Good Luck! The covers I have seen used here in West Texas only last a couple of years because the sun eats them up. I don't use one on the trailer, but I have replaced the one on my boat four or five times. I see some folks here just use the cheap gray tarps and tie them down. being cheap, they can replace them as they deteriorate.

My understanding is that the dicor roof is supposed to be warranted for twelve years and there is no requirement for a cover stipulated. I only know of one person that bought one from camping world and it lasted a little over two years before the sun and wind completely destroyed it.

I am afraid that this is one of those subjects where there are a lot of different opinions . . . we'll see.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We had a cover on ours over the winter, and we had lots of wind and a dandy ice storm and snow and ice on it for days.

We bought the more expensive tan one. And they will replace it for up to 3 years. It has two zippered openings so you can get into your trailer really easily while it is covered up. It has lots of straps to hold is securely on the trailer, even in strong winds.

We have some friends who put the same brand on their motorhome and have no complaints either.

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wizard/index.cfm?skuNum=20637d&prodid=4583&rv=ttfr&cord_Group=20

ZNK

I also reccomend the ADCO cover from CampingWorld. With the good Sam Discount and the sale that was running at the time I was able to get an excellent cover for almost half price. I also paid the extra money for a warranty that "covers" the cover for 3 years. If it rips or tears CampingWorld will give you another for free. While the manufacture's warranty only covers for manufacturing defects.

APT

I am very pleased with my Gold Line cover. I use it all winter, so different purpose than AZ. I bought the 28-30', but recommend the 26-28' for the 28BRS.

I own a 2011 22FBS which sits in my back yard in Northwest Florida when not in use. I tried some covers on my previously owned travel trailers and they seemed poorly made and didn't last. The cover I have now is excellent and seems durable enough to last many years. A little pricey, but I want to protect my investment from harsh UV rays. Also, the cover will be built to fit your camper like a glove. The cover is made by Calmark...Here is the link: http://www.calmarkcovers.com/